Options

Wrapping it up (hopefully)

I am taking 298 and 299 on Wednesday. If I pass them both I will have my MCSE:Security.

I feel pretty good about them both and have taken some time studying the MS self-paced training kits for each.

I have a question that I can't recall seeing before and I don't think it will break the NDA, but if it does, please feel free to strike this post: On 298, can you go back to a previous "testlet" once you have moved on?

I'll report back Wednesday PM.
"What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't believe you can go back to a previous case study, but it has been a while since I have taken one of the design exams and it was 219, not 298.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    I don't believe you can go back to a previous case study, but it has been a while since I have taken one of the design exams and it was 219, not 298.

You're correct. You can go back and forth between questions in a given case study, but once you're done with that case study, you're done with it for good.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
    Well... at least that is good to know.

Thank you both,
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Good Luck!

If you have not already, find a demo or practice exam to get an idea of what to expect from the Case Study Format. I know Transcenders has free Demos on their website.
  • Options
    Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
    I looked at some transcender and measureup practice tests so I have the 298 format down. I've been feeling pretty good about these but starting to worry a little. But if I don't know it now, then I never will. I'm gonna spend the next two hours reviewing CAs, PKI, WLANs, and IPSec, just have those things in my mind before I go to sleep. Then get my 7 hours and go kick some Microsoft buttocks tomorrow morning. Hoo-RAH!!!

A little chanting won't hurt either...