Options

Passed! Woohoo! 952!

nickmak86nickmak86 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
What a day!

Failed my 70-291, but I just passed my 70-270 with a score of 952! Woopee! Now back to work on my 70-291 and 70-431... Grr...

All said and done, the 70-270 exam was probably the easier of the exams I've taken.

Cheers,
Nick

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats nick! icon_cool.gif
    What is your best tip for someone else taking this exam?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations on the 70-270! I am sure, after some more practice, you will beat that 70-291. :)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    nickmak86nickmak86 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Congrats nick! icon_cool.gif
    What is your best tip for someone else taking this exam?

Hi!

Thanks for the congrats man...

Well, my advice for anybody is to do the following:

1) Study hard! But not too hard also, because I studied too hard and too long into the night and forgot to get enough rest to concentrate in my 70-291 exam. Learnt it the hard way!

2) Use as much material as you can. But this does not mean you have to spend mountains of money on books and stuff. I went through the 70-270 with only the MOC book, the video courseware that came with my course, and lots of playing with the OS on my desktop.

3) Be determined. I really have to thank my mentors for this advice. They told me anything can be done as long as you have the will and heart to study. If you are passionate and set your mind to pass the test, you will pass it. I studied all I could for the 2 days and did the exam straight after.

4) Look for advice! One easy example of good advice is THIS website! I learnt much more from this site and became another piece of 'courseware' for me! icon_lol.gif

5) Hope for the best! But don't count on anybody to pass the test for you!

I guess that all the advice I can give!

Thanks for the motivation to pass the 70-291! Will definitely get back at the beast again. icon_cool.gif

Cheers,
    Nick
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great advice Nick, thank you. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.