Passed 290 yesterday

rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Even after having a horrible auto accident 1 hour before the test, I passed 290 with a 799 score! 4 hours for the test but I finished at around 2 hours 45 minutes.

YAY!

:D

I had 45 questions and 3 were full-on sims with a virtual OS and all. I didn't see as many WSUS questions as others have mentioned in their posts. I had one WSUS question and it was painfully simple. It seemed like I had quite a few backup/recovery questions and they all came at the end of the test, probably 5 or 6 of them.

Well I have 291 scheduled for this Friday but the yahoo's at the test center called to tell me they had to cancel me cause they are closing their test center for a month. I am so ticked off at that I can't even tell you. Oregon (where I live) has only 4 Prometric test centers and none of the other 3 have appointments available for 291 this month.

I gotta do 291 by June 30th to get that accelerated track to Server 2008. It won't be a problem as long as I can find a place to test. It looks like I am going to end up driving to Seattle, WA or something (150 miles) icon_mad.gif

Anyway, I used the Microsoft 290 book and the Tech Notes from this site to study.

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!

You did very well!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! icon_thumright.gif
    I hope no one got hurt in the car accident.
    Also very sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with scheduling 291. I am sure it will just make you more determined to overcome. Good luck!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!

Sorry to hear about the accident.
  • rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the kind words fellas!

No one got too hurt luckily. I was hit by a large (1000cc) motorcycle who was making a illegal left turn. He wasn't wearing leathers and honestly I think he flew 15 feet in the air, but he got up without a scratch. I think the man upstairs must have been orchestrating that event.

Odd that my airbag didn't deploy when we collided hard enough for me to throw my head back against the seats head rest and snap it off. Today I have a very sore right knee, but I think the back is OK. I'm going to see my chiropractor today and my doctor tomorrow.

He admitted full fault and responsibility as well as the witness who was less than 50 feet away watching as it happened made statement to the same effect. I'm just glad he didn't get hurt. The only thing going through my head for the first 2 minutes after the accident was 'oh my God I just killed that man'

Life goes on... Now to just get that 291 scheduled before Friday. I have been having such a pain in the ass with Prometric you wouldn't even begin to understand. That's what I get for being a cheap SOB and buying a 2 for 1 voucher even though my one prior Prometric test experience was less than desirable.

Thanks again for your kind words..hopefully I log on to the site on Friday afternoon and make the victory post!

:D

Rob
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Oh man! I don't know if I would have been able to concentrate on the exam after that!