Heads up! For WAN heads that like free ish!

seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
Some of you may know already...

FREE training, and free exams for the JNCIA-ER, and JNCIS-ER:

http://www.juniper.net/training/technical_education/300051.pdf

Apparently custom tailored for Cisco folks.
Lab first, ask questions later

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hum..... I might just have to check out this thing you call Juniper. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I definitely signed up just now via my J partner. This is sweet - you don't get a free handout too often!
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Before I actually forward this to my colleagues do you have to be cisco certified to actually be eligable?

I have a valid CCNA and I think im the only one in the company to hold a valid cisco cert but I know our demand for juniper is pretty high so it may appeal to us.

Cheers for the link,
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Pash wrote:
    Before I actually forward this to my colleagues do you have to be cisco certified to actually be eligable?

I have a valid CCNA and I think im the only one in the company to hold a valid cisco cert but I know our demand for juniper is pretty high so it may appeal to us.

Cheers for the link,

I no longer hold a Cisco certification. I emailed them, then they sent
    an enrollment code. When setting up my user account I was asked what
    Cisco cert I had. I just stated my status is expired. Simple as that.
    seraphus wrote:
    Pash wrote:

Cheers for the link,

Thanks for the info mate, im gonna forward it on then :)
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    Pash wrote:
    seraphus wrote:
    Pash wrote:

Cheers for the link,

Thanks for the info mate, im gonna forward it on then :)

No problem!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm game icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yup, I've just signed up...

Cheers,
    -prophet-
  • opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    seraphus wrote:

seraphus,

did you email "certification-info@juniper.net"?

I emailed the address above asking for the enrollment code as well...

opers13
  • jvaxjvax Member Posts: 117
    I just emailed them. How long did it take them to reply you with the code?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin
    I just signed up....
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jvax wrote:
    I just emailed them. How long did it take them to reply you with the code?

I emailed them at 4am CST and had a reply by 3pm the same day.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • bowlerspbowlersp Inactive Imported Users Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for this info!! It will help me study for my JN0-201 cert. I'm going to take and pass the JN0-201 exam this monday (18th of June) and may then persue this route since it is free of cost. Good stuff!!
    **studying for my JNCIS-ER and BSCI**
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Cheers for the Heads Up!!!

I just signed up now to get through the learning portal and the pre-assesment exam....... :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    e-mailed the Juniper to get the card or the promotional code and didn't get a reply yet, i already started digging through books.
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is great, any CCNA willing to turn down this offer must not have their head in the game.

Considering all the recent rumors and news going around on the internet that the next
    general deployment (GD) IOS release will require an activation code as Cisco new attack on
    counterfieted equipment manufacured in China, Hong Kong, Korea, Russia and Bejing. I'm
    sure theirs a few other countries who profit millions off of fake Cisco. The activation key will
    be based off the Serial number of the device therefore only legitimate serial numbers with a
    smartnet contract can be activated by Cisco. I'm sure Cisco will offer an enterprise solution
    to this activation feature to prevent chaos in an enterprise network of 1000+ devices. Could
    you really imagine a network engineer calling Cisco and asking them for 500 activation codes
    in one day? nah didnt think so...

Pretty much Cisco is going to screw them selves when people using personal labs to study can
    no longer study with the latest IOS and Technologies. Unless Cisco offers an education version
    of the IOS, this move will drive down the avaliability of Cisco Certified Professionals in return
    increasing demand, raising CCNP's average salary and ultimately raise the TCO of any company
    deploying Cisco equipment. By this type of market change, many future companies will consider
    Juniper networks because more people will be able to study for this freely as well as the rising
    number of Junipe Certified Professionals. With this in mind, the demand for Juniper equipment
    will go up thus lowering Juniper equipment prices and putting Juniper Networks Inc. in the same
    ball game as Cisco Systems.

I'm pretty sure Juniper has preseen this move and thats probably why they are offering this,
    knowing that it would cost Cisco millions in revenue to create a program for just for educational
    IOS releases.

Any who, now I feel better now that I said that (laughs) icon_lol.gif I'm sure a few people will comment
    on this one...
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
    mgeorge27 wrote:
    This is great, any CCNA willing to turn down this offer must not have their head in the game.

Considering all the recent rumors and news going around on the internet that the next
    general deployment (GD) IOS release will require an activation code as Cisco new attack on
    counterfieted equipment manufacured in China, Hong Kong, Korea, Russia and Bejing. I'm
    sure theirs a few other countries who profit millions off of fake Cisco. The activation key will
    be based off the Serial number of the device therefore only legitimate serial numbers with a
    smartnet contract can be activated by Cisco. I'm sure Cisco will offer an enterprise solution
    to this activation feature to prevent chaos in an enterprise network of 1000+ devices. Could
    you really imagine a network engineer calling Cisco and asking them for 500 activation codes
    in one day? nah didnt think so...

Pretty much Cisco is going to screw them selves when people using personal labs to study can
    no longer study with the latest IOS and Technologies. Unless Cisco offers an education version
    of the IOS, this move will drive down the avaliability of Cisco Certified Professionals in return
    increasing demand, raising CCNP's average salary and ultimately raise the TCO of any company
    deploying Cisco equipment. By this type of market change, many future companies will consider
    Juniper networks because more people will be able to study for this freely as well as the rising
    number of Junipe Certified Professionals. With this in mind, the demand for Juniper equipment
    will go up thus lowering Juniper equipment prices and putting Juniper Networks Inc. in the same
    ball game as Cisco Systems.

I'm pretty sure Juniper has preseen this move and thats probably why they are offering this,
    knowing that it would cost Cisco millions in revenue to create a program for just for educational
    IOS releases.

Any who, now I feel better now that I said that (laughs) icon_lol.gif I'm sure a few people will comment
    on this one...

Educational IOS would be a massive step forward. If correctly monitored and policed whos to say it wouldnt work for Cisco? Engineering the IOS to do exactly what is needed to pass the relevant exam would be one way of ensuring no illuse of the IOS. Making people download the IOS through a controlled system would be another way, ie people sign up to cisco, complete survey of which certification exam they are pursuing. I think it would be a fantastic move and one to portray Cisco's willingness to be a an industry leader in credible network certifications.

On topic, I still need to forward this information on, better do it soon.
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Folks,

You can go through the JSL Elearning course (step 3) before you get the web portal access if you go to the below link:

http://www.juniper.net/training/elearning/jsl.html

I've emailed them and just waiting on the web access card but I'll go through this whilst I'm waiting :D

Malc
    Ok im all signed up myself, did it through my partner account, very quick process :)

Thanks again for the info icon_thumright.gif

Two MS exams begining of July, Security+ I need to nail out, now this I really should do.....but it means my CCNP studies are pushed well back icon_cry.gif
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is really cool.....I'm usually dubious and think you get nothing for nothing but in this case you actually do get somethihng for nothing!!!!

I emailed the certifications email address and got my code within 12 hours. Watched the first 5 chapters of the second language presentation last night.....it will take a few watches to get used to the hierarchy and the self study guid is pretty large for JNCIA, but definitely acheiveable before the end of the year (i think) and first on my list after the CCDA!

Thanks seraphus icon_cool.gif
    malcybood wrote:
    This is really cool.....I'm usually dubious and think you get nothing for nothing but in this case you actually do get somethihng for nothing!!!!

I emailed the certifications email address and got my code within 12 hours. Watched the first 5 chapters of the second language presentation last night.....it will take a few watches to get used to the hierarchy and the self study guid is pretty large for JNCIA, but definitely acheiveable before the end of the year (i think) and first on my list after the CCDA!

No problem guys!

This site has given me a lot, why not pass it on!

opers13, sorry for the no answer. I went dark while preparing in
    the final 2 weeks leading up to my CCNA exam. (I passed it
    yesterday, 974!)

Now that Juniper is offering the free goods, hopefully I'll see a lot
    more of you guys in the Juniper forum. icon_cool.gif

Now, I have to decide what to take next (CCDA, JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-M, PMP, hmmmn, ) icon_lol.gif
  • bowlerspbowlersp Inactive Imported Users Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    seraphus wrote:
    malcybood wrote:

No problem guys!

yesterday, 974!)

Now, I have to decide what to take next (CCDA, JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-M, PMP, hmmmn, ) icon_lol.gif

go for the jncia-er. the exam voucher is nice, but you only have 30 days until you have to use it! good luck whatever route you go and congrats on passing the ccna!
    **studying for my JNCIS-ER and BSCI**
    Just passed the Preassessment Exam....Should be getting my voucher on Monday!

yeah...free exam!
    bowlersp wrote:
    seraphus wrote:
    malcybood wrote:

No problem guys!

yesterday, 974!)

go for the jncia-er. the exam voucher is nice, but you only have 30 days until you have to use it! good luck whatever route you go and congrats on passing the ccna!

Excellent point! icon_wink.gif
    opers13 wrote:
    Just passed the Preassessment Exam....Should be getting my voucher on Monday!

yeah...free exam!

Sweet! Let us know how it goes!