And I failed 2nd time!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
First exam scored 513 of 515,second 513 of 515!!It's that possible!!!??

Watch out at Mike Meyer's 5th edition book

DON'T COVERS EVERYTHING!! AND HAVE WRONG EXAMS TIPS!!!

I'm getting paranoic....the survey from the end of the test could have something common with the test!??:)

I'm not native english speaking and aswered at this question taht I have some problems with reading english....and now i' m thinking that they think that I just guess the answer since I have problems with reading english!

What shall I do in this situation?I used just "mike meyer's" book and some cheap test!

on this site I almost learned every question from A+ Core Hardware...

Should I go for Transcender course and test?

Well,the people said Mike Meyers is best....:)like people also said Transcender it's best!

ahh....what in the world is a floppy disk header???!

"Point the mouse on the motherboard over the floppy disk header"

Mamma Mia....I need help!

Any advices?
My God and when I'm thinking that the A+ is just the entry level for It proffesionals icon_mad.gif

Flo,
Norway
Mess with the best,Die like the rest!

Comments

• lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    I thought the Sybex book was better than Mike Meyer's, that would be my suggestion or at least one other book as no two books cover the same topics.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • abclukeabcluke Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    have you read that book twice over? I would, and never rely on one source of the information, use another book and notes from websites. Also do more practice exams dont enter until your pulling off 90%, in your case 100%.

I passed first time on each A+ exam, I never entered them until I was ready, your obviously not ready. Dont waste your money on entering for the sake of it, ask anyone here, you need to be so confident, your gonna walk in there knowing your gonna pass.

Good Luck
    abcluke is right, there is so much info out there that you study, download and test on. Start over read the book again, take as many practice exams as you can, there are a lot of them out there for free, when you are not missing any questions go take the test.

Good luck
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I have Transcenders and 1 book, so i guess i should get another book?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Hey!

Flo,
    Norway,

The CompTIA A+ exam is descibed as "entry level" for someone with 6 months experience as an IT technician(or something like that). But, A+ is not an easy exam.

I refuse to believe that a person who is experienced 6 months in a PC shop could walk in and pass either exam. There is just too much material involved.

By the same token, I refuse to believe that any one A+ study guide is complete--there is just too much material and variations involved.

I know. I took 2 college courses, read 3 A+ guides, and made my own simple lab set up with some old PCs that I have. After 9 months of this, I went in and passed both exams at one sitting. But, I'm a native English speaker.

Don't feel too bad. Keep trying. Transcender has good material. Their exam simulators should give you a good taste of the exam and also give you a good taste of English language. You can download and example exam simulator and see how you like the format. Go to,

http://www.transcender.com/products/product.asp?SKU=KKA%2BC0300
    and
    http://www.transcender.com/products/product.asp?SKU=KKAOS0300
    the survey from the end of the test could have something common with the test!?

No, the survey has nothing to do with the test score.

I used the All-In-One Exam Guide and thought it was quite good. Just remember, exam "tips" are sometimes methods that work for that particular individual. They may not work for you.

Go to,
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/102-1911319-6373762

and look up reviews on some of the other exam guides. The reviews are generally a pretty good indication of the quality of the publication.

Good luck as you continue to prepare![/quote]
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    rono wrote:

I'm not native english speaking and aswered at this question taht I have some problems with reading english....and now i' m thinking that they think that I just guess the answer since I have problems with reading english!

Flo,
    Norway

Maybe you should take some English lessons too, I'm not dissing. It could be 1 word in a question that you don't understand and that could change the whole meaning or way you answer the question...

Anyway, what language do you speak? Why not take the exam in your native language?

D-boy
    I am not saying that everyone has to have more than one book but I have noticed that no two writers agree on what is the best subject material. I usually have at least two books, one is usually from Sybex, David Groth is good. I also agree with janmike, while preparing for A+, I tore apart every computer I could get my hands on, to me hands on is the best teaching method there is. No two people need to study the same way, what is good for me might not be good for you. Good luck, I sure you will get it the next time.
  • djeddydjeddy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently bought the A+ Core Hardware (220-301) Training Suite from testout ( www.testout.com ) and so far i think its the best. Give it a peek. icon_wink.gif
  • ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thank you for supporting me....

and all the advices about books(links) and how could I get A+ passed

After all I'm realistic....a fail is afail and that denote that I didn't get enough ready for the test!Simple as that!

Back to rading and hand on!

By the way,any commnets for this book:

The A+ Exams Guide: (Exam 220-301), (Exam 220-302)
    by Christopher A. Crayton (Paperback -- November 20, 2003)

Founf on amazon.com in best average customers reviw.

Or shall I go directly for David Groth *s book?Which one ?
    Mess with the best,Die like the rest!
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    check your exam report and study up of the objectives it said you missed
    A+ Moderator
  • GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi flo, If you have time don't just sturdy in books ,go also on website like certyouself.com to practice exams question!
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    start some new threads with a few of the things that you may not understand well enough
    A+ Moderator
  • maildump2maildump2 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with the many of those who have already posted, you can't afford to struggle interpreting the meaning of a question. I've got Network+ tomorrow... the best way to prepare for these exams is to cover as much ground as possible.

Go for as many sources as possible - a combination of study guides and web based practice exams are the best bet.

From what I've read I really think the main reason you didn't pass is there were questions you misunderstood.. Use as many sources as possible to reduce the number of Qs that have terminology you dont understand.

good luck.