Options

Is CCNA 640-801 adaptive?

bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've heard that it is adaptive and that it is not. Also, do any of you think Measureup is a good source for practice tests?
Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking

Comments

• Options
    Does no one know the answer to this?
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    /shrug

It is what it is, no one knows but people have theories about it because you can't return to a previous question once you've answered it. Only Cisco truly knows, anyone who says yes is just guessing and anyone who says no is also guessing.

The basic concept behind adaptive exams is the next question is based on the way you answered previous questions. Most people say when you answered a question incorrectly the exam is going to ask more questions about the same topic until you get one correct to determine your knowledge level. In that case I must not know anything about OSPF because I had about 20 questions on OSPF. Knowing I answered them correctly (Scoring a 987/1000) that does not make sense. The other thought is once you answer one correctly on a topic, it moves to other topics, again explain the 20 or so question on OSPF.

I would say no but again that's just a guess based on the exams I have taken.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    I've heard "no." But as previously mentioned, who knows (other than Cisco)?
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    No it isn't adaptive.
  • Options
    /shrug

It is what it is, no one knows but people have theories about it because you can't return to a previous question once you've answered it. Only Cisco truly knows, anyone who says yes is just guessing and anyone who says no is also guessing.

The basic concept behind adaptive exams is the next question is based on the way you answered previous questions. Most people say when you answered a question incorrectly the exam is going to ask more questions about the same topic until you get one correct to determine your knowledge level. In that case I must not know anything about OSPF because I had about 20 questions on OSPF. Knowing I answered them correctly (Scoring a 987/1000) that does not make sense. The other thought is once you answer one correctly on a topic, it moves to other topics, again explain the 20 or so question on OSPF.

I would say no but again that's just a guess based on the exams I have taken.

Thank you. Sounds like a fair assessment. It's funny, the person I was talking to about this failed the exam because of the number of OSPF questions. They said that it was adaptive and hounded them once it learned that the person dind't know about OSPF. It's funny, Ihave been taking every practice exam I can find and many do not have a lot of OSPF questions on them. looks like I need to be sure to brush up on it!