Options

To anyone who's used Transcender!

tottstotts Member Posts: 117
If you've used Transcender, or if you're using it do you find that there are enough questions to rigorously test yourself before the Intro or ICND? As I plan to take the Intro exam, there're 4 exams with 50 equestions each. If you're consistantly passing the 4 exams do you think that this is a good enough indication that you're ready for the real thing?
totts from essex

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'll put it to you this way. I had over four hundred practice questions from the Sybex book, at least 200 from the Cisco Press books, and all of the questions via the Cisco Prep Center and these forums, and the CCNA exams still threw things at me in a weird format that I didn't instantly recognize. I feel that they prepped me fine, but it's really hard to gauge by how much.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Like Paul said although I have not taken a cisco exam as of yet but in my experience Transender has been pretty good for preparation....as long as you study well before hand and not base your scores off of repetition on the same practice tests....then youll just be memorizing those questions....there's alot of good material out there...currently my study material consists of Chris Bryan's study package, Sybex, and TestOut....after all that i may purchase the Transender or maybe ExamCram as well tho....

Hope this helps :D
  • Options
    tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    shednik wrote:
    Like Paul said although I have not taken a cisco exam as of yet but in my experience Transender has been pretty good for preparation....as long as you study well before hand and not base your scores off of repetition on the same practice tests....then youll just be memorizing those questions....there's alot of good material out there...currently my study material consists of Chris Bryan's study package, Sybex, and TestOut....after all that i may purchase the Transender or maybe ExamCram as well tho....

Hope this helps :D
    Thanks very much for your replies. I suppose it really all boils down to how you feel inside. I suppose you know when your really know your stuff eh.
    totts from essex