Boot Camps

rcsnydleyrcsnydley Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone familiar with boot camps?
What can you tell me?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    from what I hear most of them are just a waste of time and money.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Boot camps were originally for experienced professionals who needed to quickly get up to speed on a new product or technology.

If you don't have a lot of experience, you might not be able to keep up.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i remember pavlov said something about them once. i cannot remember if it was on these forums or another forum she used to frequent.

she had already taken and passed a number of win2k track exams and attended a boot camp. she had already studyied for the exams covered by the boot camp, and, i believe, the boot camp was used purely to fill in holes and generally make ure she was up to speed.

there's no need to comdemn boot camps, but they certainly aren't for the inexperienced. i came across a member of another forum who attended an a+ boot camp. the chap had been doing some upgrades and repairs to computers for a year or so, and took a three or four-day boot camp and was even more flustered about the content of the exam that before - i think he had expected that he could have been taught all the stuff in that time and pass. it was a great shock to him, and he has still struggled to pass the second exam required for certification.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    STexamsSTexams Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have personally taught several "boot camps" and I can assure you that they are not for beginners. We throw a lot of information out in a very short period of time. Experienced techs can get the information that they need to fill in the gaps in their knowledge in just a few days so that they can be comfortable taking the exam. I have had beginners sign up for the classes but they are usually totally confused by the end of the seminar.
    Freddy
    Free Online Exams and Tutorials
    http://www.stexams.com