project management?

nel636nel636 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there any views on this topic? at the moment im in the technical side of IT but ive been thinking of future improvements and this popped up. does anyone think its a good edition to your skillset etc?

also i have no experiance with project management and any help on where to start from any experianced pro's out there would be great.

cheers

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Since you have no experience, the Comptia Project+ is probably a good place to start. That tends to focus on IT-related project management though.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recently did the Microsoft Solutions Framework (70-301) which also counts as your MCSE elective. It definitely tough me a lot regarding processes, procedures, different roles on a project, and a lot more. It doesn't just teach you a bit about project management, it also teaches you about product management, development role, testing role, release management (deployment team), etc. It doesn't really focus heavily on project management per se, but more about the entire team and how they work with each other and ensure the project is successful for the customer/client. I would definitely recommend doing 70-301.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the replies - i will def look into it!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking