Going for Security+ on saturday. Update Passed with 781.

TBLTZTBLTZ Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
It was a lot harder of a test than I expected. I also really didn't expect to pass as I marked about half for review. Also this said it was the 2007 Verison. So I was very suprised by that and there was some items on there I never saw when studying and I used two study guides. Also alot of Access Control Questions. Well glad that is over with. Now onto 70-290 or Server+ I think I need to do 70-290 as I don't have any MS Certs.

Also I want to give praise to this board and the people on it. I have learned so much information from everyone and the technotes. Its great to have a resource like this. Thanks to everyone!! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck, remember everything you can!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Good luck, let us know how you get on :)

-ken
  • chardychardy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes that would be wise, just remember everything!!
    Lost One
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    attain as much knowledge as possible (without cheating of course :) ). Best of luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good luck on the exam. Yup, you should know things like that, (you should know as much as possible of what was covered in your training material). And remember, the only cheating that's allowed, in relation to certification exams, is using both hands to hold that giant beer-mug after you've passed.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • TBLTZTBLTZ Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ok I go tommorrow. Not feeling very confident as I was before I was doing good on the practice tests then i did bad on one and shot down my confidence. its too late to cancel now. I will do a light review tonight.
    TBLTZ wrote:
    ok I go tommorrow. Not feeling very confident as I was before I was doing good on the practice tests then i did bad on one and shot down my confidence. its too late to cancel now. I will do a light review tonight.

there is always that slew of test questions that just do you in. For my MCP, I was getting 95%-100% on test questions; then the 2nd to last practice exam, I get like a 65%. I was pretty nervous at that point. I just studied a bit more, got a good nights sleep, reviewed the tech notes before I left for the exam, and passed with flying colors.

I wouldn't be too worried if you get 1 bad score out of a lot.

Either way best of luck!!!

curious to the results, as Im going for this one soon as well.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    TBLTZ wrote:
    It was a lot harder of a test than I expected. I also really didn't expect to pass as I marked about half for review. Also this said it was the 2007 Verison. So I was very suprised by that and there was some items on there I never saw when studying and I used two study guides. Also alot of Access Control Questions. Well glad that is over with. Now onto 70-290 or Server+ I think I need to do 70-290 as I don't have any MS Certs.

Also I want to give praise to this board and the people on it. I have learned so much information from everyone and the technotes. Its great to have a resource like this. Thanks to everyone!! icon_cool.gif

congrats!!!