Options

VPN exam

nahnah Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am reading for the vpn exam at the moment.

i have the cisco book for it and looking at the cisco exam notes the bit missing is: Configure the Cisco Virtual Private Network Client Auto-Initiation Feature.

Either i missed what this is or its not there and ill look on the cisco website.

Is there anything else this book misses on or is not enough detail on? IF so what other book do i need. I have read the pix and passed SNRS which has bits on VPN

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used the Cisco Press CCSP Cisco Secure VPN Exam Certification Guide and the Cisco Press Flash Cards (and the PDF reference sheets on the CD). I just went to the Cisco Docs for anything else I needed a 2nd look at.

I grabbed The Complete Cisco VPN Configuration Guide at the end of last year when Cisco Press was having their end of year 50% off sale.

I used it as my VPN reference while studying for the CCIE Security Lab and can understand why its been added as "recommended reading" for the CSVPN exam. It is big and pricey and has more than you'd want to know for the exam -- but it makes a great reference if VPNs are part of your job (or could be in the future).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    theevilmuffintheevilmuffin Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    I used the Cisco Press CCSP Cisco Secure VPN Exam Certification Guide and the Cisco Press Flash Cards (and the PDF reference sheets on the CD). I just went to the Cisco Docs for anything else I needed a 2nd look at.

I grabbed The Complete Cisco VPN Configuration Guide at the end of last year when Cisco Press was having their end of year 50% off sale.

I used it as my VPN reference while studying for the CCIE Security Lab and can understand why its been added as "recommended reading" for the CSVPN exam. It is big and pricey and has more than you'd want to know for the exam -- but it makes a great reference if VPNs are part of your job (or could be in the future).

Spot on mate! - That book is a must have for anyone using Cisco VPNs.
  • Options
    nahnah Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks bought the book, couldnt also resist buying ASA book as well