Options

security+ - just starting

lwhitemcplwhitemcp Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
just wrote my ciw foundations yesterday. now i am finally going to start my security+ studying. ordered the sybex book today. any other hints would be welcome.

thanks
MCP,MCSA ,MCDST,MCTS:VISTA, MCITP:ES,
A+,Network+,CIW Associate
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 7

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The Sybex book is good, I think the one thing I would suggest is you pick up another book to compliment the Sybex book. I would recommend the Passport Security+ book, especially for the practice exam that come with the CD.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I'm also studying for the Security+.

I'm using Learnkey Security+ CBT (on CD 3 of 4 @ the mo), the good people here suggested the Syngress Security+ book on pdf (via their website, printed it off at work :) ), I also bought the ExamCram2 Security+ book and bought Preplogic Security+ exam sim.

Hopefully with these I'll be able to pass the Security+ exam first time :)

-Ken
  • Options
    :D
    received my sybex book today. a little lite reading for the long weekend. hopefully i will get through a few chapters.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    lwhitemcp wrote:
    received my sybex book today. a little lite reading for the long weekend. hopefully i will get through a few chapters.

Good Deal!

Hope you have an easier time than I do reading on the weekends during the summer... It's tough!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NinjaBoy wrote:
    I'm also studying for the Security+.

I'm using Learnkey Security+ CBT (on CD 3 of 4 @ the mo), the good people here suggested the Syngress Security+ book on pdf (via their website, printed it off at work :) ), I also bought the ExamCram2 Security+ book and bought Preplogic Security+ exam sim.

Hopefully with these I'll be able to pass the Security+ exam first time :)

-Ken

wow, there is a whole group studying for Sec+ (myself included) icon_cool.gif

I usually prefer some form of CBT, two good books, and a good practice exam test engine/software. I have found this combination to be quite successful.

good luck to us all!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    i think i will start with the sybex, i also have the old edition of the syngress. will probably just do the one book, plus craploads of whatever i can find for practice exams.
    after this , i think i will start with the linux+ or perhaps the ctt+.
    after i finish an exam, i always say i will take a month off, and then this turns into about a day.

lmao