Options

Question Regarding MCSA 2003

DelmirocDelmiroc Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm getting ready to take 70-270 to start off my MCSA 2003 path, my question is, is it worth getting MCSA 2003 with the new Certification out for Windows Server 2008 ?

Should I just work on 2008?

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would continue with MCSA 2003. The details for the 2008 track are out, but the exams have not been released yet. The exams will not be released until 30 days after the release of Windows 2008, so that could be in december or January.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I havnt started my MCP's yet but i have done A+ and am going to do the NET+ next. Although i have a lot of experience in Windows Server 2003 (70-290 is what i want to do) i wouldnt dismiss the new OS/s. on that note the Windows Server 2003 exams (In my opinion) are still worth doing. Corporations / Companies still use Windows NT / 2000 so 2003, so the current exams should still be in by 2015. It may also be worth knowing these exams before anyway, its more than likely it covers the same stuff but requires more because of the new features it offers (200icon_cool.gif so start fresh and advance to the new exams after the available ones (Thats MY opinion anyway) i also quote "Dont try to RUN before you can WALK"
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    DelmirocDelmiroc Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wedge554 wrote:
    I havnt started my MCP's yet but i have done A+ and am going to do the NET+ next. Although i have a lot of experience in Windows Server 2003 (70-290 is what i want to do) i wouldnt dismiss the new OS/s. on that note the Windows Server 2003 exams (In my opinion) are still worth doing. Corporations / Companies still use Windows NT / 2000 so 2003, so the current exams should still be in by 2015. It may also be worth knowing these exams before anyway, its more than likely it covers the same stuff but requires more because of the new features it offers (200icon_cool.gif so start fresh and advance to the new exams after the available ones (Thats MY opinion anyway) i also quote "Dont try to RUN before you can WALK"

Right, I think I made my decision to continue on MCSA 2003 path, tons of companies will need support on this OS for years to come, the video link below made up my mind icon_wink.gif

https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/lmevents/view?id=msft032807lm_AM&pw=att9875&cn=

Thanks guys for your replies