-----Please Read---Passed

mrcert2003mrcert2003 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
To All My Friend On The Board,
I passed my security exam yesterday with a score of 885 out of 900. After failing the exam once by 2 points I wanted to point out some key factors. Please be focused when you take this exam. Comptia does an excellent job in confusing the test taker with single words that can change an answer.
Please stay away from outside resources and you guys know who I'm talking about which I refuse to mention on this site... There answers are wrong. After passing the exam yesterday, I had the liberty to speak with the test admin, he told me that people were failing both sec+ and Server+ mulitiple times. After hearing that and knowing my friend was preparing to take the exam I looked at his study material which he chose the wrong path to study... The resource he was using is a popular one and let me tell you alot of the answers were wrong and to tell u the truth I really didnt see any of the questions in that resource, so which leads me tobelieve many people are choosing the easy way out instead of understanding the material. I used Cramsession and Sybex ....Cramsession was very good focus on the key elements in the book.
For all of you taking this exam as your first stepping stone to the certification world, please understand what you are learning and don't take the easy way out it will not help you in your future...anyone can study questions and answers, but when asked to put your skill to test that's where it counts.
Read the books understand what you are reading and you will pass any exam... You may get lucky once or twice, but it could hurt you in the end. I don't mean to offend anyone on the site, I just wanted first time test takers to understand real works pays off at the end!
PS: Comptia is one of the best mixing up their exams don't be foolish like some of these people and fail the exam 4 to 5 times... Study hard and you will succeed!!!!
Good Luck To You All!!!

Comments

• GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    Thanks for the info. I'm getting ready to take the exam next week. When I google for 'cramsession' I get to the transcender page. Is that what you used and recommend?
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Grynder wrote:
    Thanks for the info. I'm getting ready to take the exam next week. When I google for 'cramsession' I get to the transcender page. Is that what you used and recommend?

He is talking about this site, http://cramsession.com/

Great resource. I have downloaded their study guides and used them with the other books/guides/notes. It's a nice supplement.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. I've got the exam next Monday, I just want to have a go really as I've been studying hard for 6-7 weeks.

Incidentally, I agree with everything you said. I know a former colleague who used certain materials, got all 'cocky', then failed the exam he was sitting, twice. Although passing exams is great - if you actually study, learn, and understand the information, you'll have much greater success.

I've interviewed countless people for sys admin roles and can immediately find out who has studied 'properly' or not.

Best wishes on your next cert - whatever that may be! icon_lol.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations on the pass! Thanks for the tips.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    Congratulations on the pass! Thanks for the tips.

ditto. Nothing like earning something morally and ethically. You get so much more satisfaction that way also.

"**** are for chumps" icon_cool.gif

i think I just found my new sig icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!........and, doing it the right way!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki