Options

Converting Passing Mark

ZigopolousZigopolous Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've seen the passing mark listed as 700. Does anyone know how to convert this to a percentage?

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    well that score means 700 of a 1000 marks. so obviously, that's 70%.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    ZigopolousZigopolous Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for replying to my question but it should have been more detailed. When I wrote my Network + exam in 2002, a passing score was 752 & the score scale was between 100 & 900. Does anyone know the mathematical equation to convert this to a percentage? Is this a standard scoring scale?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    This situation has been posted more than one time, but from the general information that I have gleaned from different places, only CompTIA might be able to give you a representative percentage.

CompTIA exams can contain "try-out questions"--they test the questions on actual exams taken but they don't actually count on the final score because they're only trial questions and they put a value on the question based on how easily it's answered by the test taker. So, by the luck of the draw, you could get one or two, maybe three, of these non-value questions. Later, after they determine the value of the question, then they start scoring it with the rest but all questions do not have equal values. Don't worry, there are enough questions so that you get a fair shake an you're not going to "accidentally" fail.

Only M$ knows about M$. And, with all the attempts made at stealing their exam materials for br@in **** use, I expect they'll get even more secretive.

Hope this helps.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki