Options

Security+ tips

bodaciousbodacious Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will be taking my Security+ exam soon. Just wanted to know what people thought of the exam and what areas you recommend to focus on. I have studied the All in One Security+ book by Gregory White and some of the Shon Harris All in One CISSP (I want to eventually take the CISSP in the far future and having a Security+ cert. counts for a year experience). I hear many people have purchased a study guide that is "king" for helping people pass the test. Is this a worthwhile investment, or am I better off relying on these books? Are there any free practice test sites you recommend? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You are better off relying on http://www.techexams.net/co_securityplus.shtml
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Using the "king" crap is also known as "cheating".

Save your money and use the study guides here and the books you already have. Good luck.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    As the others have said, use the technotes and a decent book (I think the Sybex one is pretty good)

Don't ****. Learn the materials properly and it'll stand you in much better stead for the future.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Using the "king" crap is also known as "cheating".

Save your money and use the study guides here and the books you already have. Good luck.

I agree...see sig below
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    bodaciousbodacious Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for providing valuable insight.

MC
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Sybex.
    TechNotes.
    ExamCram practice questions.

I had other resources, but these were the only ones that I considered helpful.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.