Exam Locations?

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anybody know where i can take the Microsoft Professional Exams? I am in the UK. Does anybody have a link to a site with test center locations / prices?
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    www.prometric.com is now the only place to take a Microsoft exam
  • WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    Pearson VUE will still do Microsoft exams until the end of the year, but you must pay & register before the end of August.

http://www.vue.com/
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks guys, i will be booking with prometric. i just spent 2 hrs finding a suitable testing location, i found one called new horizons in birmingham, not too far to walk from the pallasades!
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Does New Horizons allow walk-ins, or is their testing center only for their students?
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    JDMurray wrote:
    Does New Horizons allow walk-ins, or is their testing center only for their students?

JDMurray,

I believe that I took the dreaded 70-240 exam at a New Horizons and I was not a New Horizons student at the time.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is really depend on the local NH.. some do and some don't.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    JDMurray wrote:

Not sure about 'walk-ins', but our Prometric center is the New Horizon's location and I've always pre-registered. Though only way back when I was taking my A+ were there other people testing...years later I had the room to myself.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    By "walk-in" I meant people who are not students of NH. I suppose if you can schedule an exam at an NH testing center over Vue's or Prometric's Web site then it's open to the public.
    If you go here: http://www.register.prometric.com/Index.asp follow it through selecting UK, > Microsoft, > Exam (already selected), > Next, > then a list of exams come up to select from, choose one and the currency, say next, > then you can schedule an appointment with NEW Horizons from there? so i am guessing they allow you to pre-book before you go (which is what i would do).

Also, i have decided on the 70-290 exam. Does anybody have any suggestions on what i should do to learn the course? what about the Microsoft books or their learning center books?
  • WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    I think it depends on what you have used the most. If you have good working knowledge of Server 2003 (users, groups & file shares) then go for 70-290 first then 70-270 (assuming you want to do 70-270) otherwise go for 70-270 then 70-290 then take the 70-270 exam. Microsoft Press books are a good starting place but be sure to check the errata also. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/search/ and type in 70-270 or 70-290 and match your 10 character ISBN with the errata listed.

70-290 has 13 solid chapters (total of ~800 pages) while 70-270 has 20 solid chapters (total of ~1300 pages), so if you have good working knowledge of Server 2003, 70-270 will be a little bit easier because you will have covered alot of common ground on 70-290.

You might want to get another source such as Exam Cram2 or Sybex to back up the Microsoft book.

Your in the UK so check out The Register Books - http://books.theregister.co.uk/
    Yes we can, yes we can...
    I have the transcender exams as well, they are stupid hard, but im hoping they'll get easier for me after ive done some revision. some of the questions are really long but i suppose they have to be to cover all the factors. i just break down the key points in it and match them against the descriptive parts. Thanks guys!