resources

livenliven Member Posts: 918
I am sitting the exam on the 21st.

So far I have attended a boot camp,
used the sybex book
exam cram book
transcender tests....

Been studying for about 4 weeks, 8 plus years of profession experience...

I am getting 80% minimum when taking practice tests... This really frustrates me, it seems as if they purposely try to make the questions misleading... Anyway hopefully by the 21st I will be ready.

Has anyone used the transcender stuff? Did they like it?
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    if you are getting 80% on your practice test then you are ready :)
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    what is the percentage of questions you have to get right to pass the test? 764 out of 900 works out to be around 83%, but not all questions are weighted the same?
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    thanks for the confidence.

My issues is this, I have 7 certs, some required multiple tests. I have passed all the tests I took except for one. All the tests I passed I felt like I knew the material backwards and forwards when I went to take the test. The one test I failed I didn't feel good going in, but I just wanted to get it over with. Anyway I still just don't feel ready.

However I still have the better part of 2 weeks, and I will study daily. So hopefully that will be all I need to be 100% ready by the time the test day gets here.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Be sure to check out the technotes for the Security+ exam from http://www.techexams.net/co_securityplus.shtml
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    I don't know about Transcender, but it sounds like you are on the right path.
    The misleading questions will be good practice for the real thing. I had a real beef with how some of the Security+ questions were worded. I had some tricky practice exams, so I didn't lose my cool.
    Good luck! Ditto on the TechNotes.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Vogon Poet wrote:
    I don't know about Transcender, but it sounds like you are on the right path.
    The misleading questions will be good practice for the real thing. I had a real beef with how some of the Security+ questions were worded. I had some tricky practice exams, so I didn't lose my cool.
    Good luck! Ditto on the TechNotes.

agree with above statement. Also, I'll vouch for the Transcender exams, they are an excellent product. Sounds like youre ready to go. I have heard there is some awkward language in sec+, and noticed some weird ones in the transcender. I just try to read them over and very carefully.

good LUCK!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    Thanks again for the moral support guys.

This has been frustrating for me... I work as a security professional and I don't really consider myself a beginner.

Sure some of the stuff I had to learn, like all the name of the governing bodies and stuff like that.

But the rest of this symantics (wording) issues is a pain.

I don't want to be a complainer, I will just keep studying and hopefully all will be well in the universe on the 21st.

OH and I have read this sites tech notes and taken the practice exam on here. They were really good in my opinion.
  • dotym77dotym77 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    liven wrote:
    thanks for the confidence.

My issues is this, I have 7 certs, some required multiple tests. I have passed all the tests I took except for one. All the tests I passed I felt like I knew the material backwards and forwards when I went to take the test. The one test I failed I didn't feel good going in, but I just wanted to get it over with. Anyway I still just don't feel ready.

However I still have the better part of 2 weeks, and I will study daily. So hopefully that will be all I need to be 100% ready by the time the test day gets here.

I feel your pain. I didn't have any problems with A+ or any of my MCSE exams. I felt very comforatable going in to them. But this one...geez, I've been studying off and on for months now and I'm getting around 80% on the practice exams, but I don't feel I know it as well as I should. Need to take it soon though so I can move on. College is starting again next week and I also want to get my Windows 2003 done before the upgrade exams expire in Mar. Feels like I'm running out of time.
    I work for the Nerd Herd.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    It sounds like you are ready to go. I liked the Transcender questions - it seemed to have prepared you for the exam. Transcender is a great, and expensive, tool that can be used to prepare as it is much like the actual exam. You get 100 questions and 90-minutes to complete them. Just keep practicing and you will do fine.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."