Exam Booked for next Tues !!!! - Updated - PASSED !!!!!!!!!!

pjrousepjrouse Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took my exam this morning (Tuesday 24th) and passed with a score of 820!!!

Glad it's over - a few tricky MAU questions thrown in amongst your normal port numbers/OSI model/Media questions.

Well I've gone and booked my Network + exam for next Tuesday at 10am (GMT). Hopefully I'll do OK ?!

Been revising hard but would love to hear from people who have taken the exam recently as to what stuff their exam focused on Question wise?

I'll report back after next to let you know if I passed or not.

Cheers for all the help everyone in this forum (definitely the friendliest and most helpful I've found) has offered thus far !

Paul
VCP5-DCV
MCSE Server 2012
MCITP: Enterprise Administrator - Server 2008
Network+

Comments

• GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Best of luck.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    It's been 7 months since I took the exam, but I'm sure it's still a lot of real-life scenarios on troubleshooting and planning.

My advice is, read carefully. No need to hurry. If you're prepared, you'll have plenty of time. Of course, know your most common well-known ports,the OSI layers, the devices operating at each layer, and IEEE spec's that relate to networking. These are broad areas, but they help with the scenarios as well as any simpler type questions you will get.

Best of luck!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    best of luck.

i took mine a little under a year ago. it opened up with seemingly endless scenario questions. take your time. your given 1.5 hours. i did it in 30 minutes and spent the next 40 minutes double-checking the answers. it might seem like you will have no time, but when it comes to the one-liner questions at the end, it will be bang bang bang, all answered in no time ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Good luck, and don't sweat it just read the questions carefully.
  • kabbikabbi Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello I have just taken my network+ exam today...and passed :D
    So maybe I can share my experience with you...hopefully it's usefull!

my experience is that the online testexams were a good preparation for the real exam, and the real exam was certainly not more difficult then any testexams I've used online.....

The practise exam and technotes on this website helped me a lot!! And there are more....just look at the links. Checking this forum was also very usefull!
    (I also used two books: net plus essentials from microsoft press(not very good in my opinion), and faster smarter network+(this book was very helpfull I think)

IF you still feel a little bit insecure about taking the test, but you actually studied a lot then I shouldn't worry so much about the real exam... however this is my experience!

good luck!