Passed

bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
Passed today with 858/900.

I was a bit worried to start with, had a lot of marked questions but once I calmed down a bit and thought about them, everything kinda slotted into place.

You've all probably seen this sort of advice before on this forum, but in the hope it helps someone out there,
I used the following guides/material:
- Sybex (best overall guide I used IMO)
- Mike Meyers Passport (OK, useful to carry around but I found it too light on information)
- Learnkey vids (Good, handy to watch prior to homing in on some details)
- The technotes and practice exams on this site (excellent, great for review).
I also did random searches on some of the more difficult material which helped me understand things clearer.

Also, it does state on my report that this is the 2007 edition, though looking at the CompTIA objectives they don't appear to have changed. Whether this is just a name change (the exam number is the same) or not, I don't know, though there were questions on material which I didn't see in any of the guides I used . However if you apply what you learn from studying the current material properly then they shouldn't prove too difficult.

Anyway, really happy now so I'm off for a few beers icon_lol.gif

Following a short break whilst I go on holiday, 70-290 will become the next target.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Congrats on a great score!
  • drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good score. That's the type of score I'm hoping for :)
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job! icon_thumright.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats and thanks for the advice! Im planning on sitting this one in the next 4 weeks
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the Pass :)

-Ken
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops