A+ CORE PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RamsesKRamsesK Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
uuuhhhhhhhh yeahhh

i passed first exam icon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif

get to know everyone about it:

just how Hyper treading works on newer intel proccesors, i got a question that said, what HT does?

AMD Athlon and Duron proccesors, they ask for the FSB of these, the question i got is what is the FSB of the AMD +2100, also the sockets that theses processor use, socket 478, i dont remember the question but that was the answer icon_lol.gif

Socket 7: what processors fit on it? i suggest memorize the table in the technotes about CPUs and sockets.

a little about IRQ and I/O Address for infrared and something about settings for wireless, about infrared, the question was why someone couldn't print from her laptop, answer, the guy was far of the printer icon_wink.gif

here is a question that i did not realy knew, your boss want the fastest network possible LAN, dont care of anything, i was thinking on 100BaseT and Wireless, so i picked 100BaseT because i know the speed is 100Mbps but what i see in my home is that wireless is sometimes a little slow isn't it?

DSL, i got a question about what kind of conex is used with the regular Telephone cables and is reliable, faster and bla bla bla, options: 56K ISDN, DSL and also T1

one company wants to set up a web server using an existing DSL conexion in the company, Answer i picked: it can't be possible because the DSL is not static and web server need be or requested as static IP from the ISP, these was the only logical answer the other answer was pretty disapointed to the topic question (sometimes they help and put one logical answer and three ridiculous answers so is easy on some cases to pick the right one even if you dont know wich one is right, and sometimes all answers looks right so... icon_eek.gif

USB 2.0 and USB 1.1, why the device doesn't work, the usb has 2.0 technology, the hub too but the computer has 1.1, i remember something about that, an old pc or whatever can not support newer devices, but newer devices can support olderdevices because they give support for the older devices keep it in mind.

tipicall question about floppy backward cable, (the easiest one icon_lol.gif )

what about if you installed new HDD, RAM and Modem and the computer doesnt work after installing devices?

differences about AT and ATX, for sure, just the connectors and dont forget what is P8 and P9!!

SCSI DEVICES AND SPEEDS here is where i have to say a lot of thanks for the web master icon_wink.gif , if you want to pass these easy and clearly, memorize the table about speeds and number of devices in the technote about SCSI, that really helped a lot.

basically they want you to think in dificult scenarios where you have tried everything to solve the problem and there is just one last chance to fix, that is what i have about them, the recepcionist in the front desktop is a little angry but after you pass the exam she is nice icon_rolleyes.gif (also dont forget your two identifications, i forgot one icon_redface.gif

well i hope present the OS+ in one week, so get ready for some couple of questions i will have icon_wink.gif

good luck for everyone
Formule One Racing Addict...

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • AlienitoAlienito Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations icon_lol.gif
  • CopperFrogCopperFrog Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrates Ramsesk !

If you don't mind me asking I know a pass is a pass, but you seem to be very confident with the material on your test and your answer. What was your score?

If you don't what to say I understand icon_rolleyes.gif
    Friends will help you move, best friends will help you move a body
  • RamsesKRamsesK Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gif well well well

i think it was good for the studying i did, not a lot really i just read one book, i read the technotes from this site for the exam and a couple of online free test as well not a big deal, the score was 528/900 icon_redface.gif i did the test in 35 or 45 minutes... so close but was first attempt and well i was so happy, i work all day in other thing that has nothing with computers so i just say a pass is a pass icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif but at the same time a little afraid because i have to read a little more for the test that are coming up for me like the OS+, actually im currently working on that but the time is gold for me icon_confused.gif

icon_wink.gif
  • djeddydjeddy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrat........ icon_arrow.gif
  • methoselahmethoselah Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ramsesk wrote:
    uuuhhhhhhhh yeahhh
    just how Hyper treading works on newer intel proccesors, i got a question that said, what HT does?

AMD Athlon and Duron proccesors, they ask for the FSB of these, the question i got is what is the FSB of the AMD +2100, also the sockets that theses processor use, socket 478, i dont remember the question but that was the answer icon_lol.gif

IIRC, I think Hyperthreading means the CPU can run more than one part of a program at once. It runs lines of code at one section making calculations and goes to another part of a program or another application running lines of code/making calculations at the same time. It's like having two CPUs in one.

Aren't Athlon XPs socket A? I believe 478 are for the newer PIVs with the Northwood core.

Anyways, you passed.... congrats!!
    methoselah wrote:
    IIRC, I think Hyperthreading means the CPU can run more than one part of a program at once. It runs lines of code at one section making calculations and goes to another part of a program or another application running lines of code/making calculations at the same time. It's like having two CPUs in one.

Aren't Athlon XPs socket A? I believe 478 are for the newer PIVs with the Northwood core.

Anyways, you passed.... congrats!!

well that is exactly what i think, i know that for socket A is the athlon and also the duron but this socket was not listed on the multiple answers so i got confussed on that question, the only one acceptable for answer that i saw was that one the 478 icon_confused.gif

and about the AT Technology, right is like two CPUs in the computer icon_cool.gif
  • newbieroadkillnewbieroadkill Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took my A+ Core exam yesterday and also passed, and this website was a great help :)

I didn't discover it until the night before, but I was lazy about studying.

Definately learn IRQ and I/O addresses, there will be a few questions on there. There were a couple of printer and network ones as well. The technotes on this website are very helpful for those. Some of the troubleshooting questions are a bit vague in my opinion, least the ones that I had.

Also, a 515 was required for me to pass, and this website says you need a 467, dunno what causes it to change, but it has.

Glad I know about this place for my next exam March 2nd :) Props again to all those that work hard to make this website the exceptional resource it is.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats newbieroadkill! and thanks for the kind words :)
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratzzzz!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • methoselahmethoselah Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOOT ! I just passed the Core Hardware exam… scored 612/900.

That sure was a lot of memorizing.

Everything Ramsesk said is right on. Hyperthreading, FSB for XP2100+, USB 1.1 and USB 2.0, laser printers, SCSI and a LOT of networking questions that I thought I was taking a Network+ exam or sumthing.

Know IEEE 802.3 (CSMA/CD). Mbps and connectors used for 10Base5, 10Base2, 10BaseT, 100BaseT, Fiber, etc.

Know IEEE 802.11 series (Wifi). Mbps for 802.11, 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g

Know IEEE 802.15.1 (Bluetooth). Mbps and distance

Wireless ID settings, access point, etc.

I agree with Ramsesk that this website’s Technotes on SCSI were a big help. Basically, all “wide” SCSI supports 16 devices, other than that it’s safe to say 8 (remember though controller counts as one). If you remember that plain SCSI=5MHz, Fast SCSI=10, Ultra=20MHz, Ultra2=40MHz, and “wide” means multiply by x2, you can figure out transfer rate easy.

Example: Ultra2 Wide means
    > 40 x 2 = 80MBps.

However, you cant figure out Ultra3 this way, just remember it is 160 MBps !!

Other specific stuff I ran into:
    I/O for IrDA
    Bluetooth - transfer rate and distance
    Why DSL wont work for client who wants to run a webserver.
    Classes of fire extinguishers: electrical fire
    POST error codes: 2xx=memory, 3xx=keyboard, 6xx=floppy, 17xx=hard drive

Stuff I have no idea about showed up (What are these?):
    NMP (nokia mobile phones ???? I dunno)
    MMP ?

I didn’t really get any questions on monitors. Nothing on Horizontal RR, Vertical RR, Triad, Pixel, TFT, DVI, etc.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations, methoselah!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    lol, it looks like we presented the same exam icon_lol.gif , that other stuff you remembered was also in my test, amd yes, if this is just the A+, how will looks for us the NET+? icon_blackeye.gif

congrats icon_wink.gif
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congrats on the passes.
    A+ Moderator