Options

WINNT32.EXE

BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Do I need to use the Winnt32.exe command along with the /checkupgradeonly at the command prompt to check the upgrade of my computer. I know I can use the Windows XP cd. I want to get use to the syntax.

I'm new the syntax and I want to know am I using the syntax correctly when I need to use it.

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Babietech wrote:
    Do I need to use the Winnt32.exe command along with the /checkupgradeonly at the command prompt to check the upgrade of my computer. I know I can use the Windows XP cd. I want to get use to the syntax.

I'm new the syntax and I want to know am I using the syntax correctly when I need to use it.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/a7bfbba3-92dc-486f-9138-55763711d9bb1033.mspx?mfr=true

winnt32.exe paramaters
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    snadam wrote:
    Babietech wrote:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/a7bfbba3-92dc-486f-9138-55763711d9bb1033.mspx?mfr=true

winnt32.exe paramaters

Snadam,

I tried this command at the command prompt C:. It gave me an error message winnt32.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Do you know how to use this command?
  • Options
    Babietech wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    Babietech wrote:

winnt32.exe paramaters

Snadam,

I tried this command at the command prompt C:. It gave me an error message winnt32.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

well, you will need to actually specifty folder directory where winnt32.exe is also.

GENERALLY its D:\i386\winnt32.exe /checkupgradeonly where D:\ is your CD-ROM drive with the XP CD in it, and i386 is the folder that winnt32.exe resides in

also, you can peform this at the RUN command box as well. thats how I usually did it.

Id like someone else to confirm, as its been a while that Ive used this...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    snadam wrote:
    Babietech wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    Babietech wrote:

winnt32.exe paramaters

Snadam,

well, you will need to actually specifty folder directory where winnt32.exe is also.

GENERALLY its D:\i386\winnt32.exe /checkupgradeonly where D:\ is your CD-ROM drive with the XP CD in it, and i386 is the folder that winnt32.exe resides in

also, you can peform this at the RUN command box as well. thats how I usually did it.

Id like someone else to confirm, as its been a while that Ive used this...

Ok Thanks.

P.S. I know that installation files are located in the i386 folder, but I didn't know that winnt32.exe resides in the folder. I'm still learning.
  • Options
    no problem. Im sure thats the right way. I hope i didnt steer you wrong! icon_lol.gif

• Options
    snadam wrote:
    no problem. Im sure thats the right way. I hope i didnt steer you wrong! icon_lol.gif

Okay