Got my Sybex on

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
Picked up the sybex Security+ book 3rd edition yesterday. This was the ONLY store in a 50 mile radius that had this book. In this bookstore's extremely large computers section, they only had 2 sec+ books; syngress and sybex. So after a 3 hour search, I finally got it and Im all PUMPED UP!!!

IF you would have asked me 10 years ago how exited would i be to get a book (let alone a text book), I would have looked like this
> icon_confused.gif

so far the book is a good read, and I can see why its a popular choice
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    Yeah I picked mine up last week and had the same problem...Sybex may want to market the Security + book a little better
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have noticed that the computer book sections in most of the stores I go to have shrunk over the last couple of years. The number of certification books to the total number of computer books, has also gotten smaller. I'm buying a lot of my stuff through Amazon now.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    I have noticed that the computer book sections in most of the stores I go to have shrunk over the last couple of years. The number of certification books to the total number of computer books, has also gotten smaller. I'm buying a lot of my stuff through Amazon now.

I guess i needed that "instant gratification" knowing that it could be somewhere around town. I was about to resort to amazon.com, but did one last search and had that store put it on hold.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:

I agree. I have bought the last few hundred dollars worth of books from Amazon. Although, I love my safari subscription :)
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Yep I vote for Amazon as well. They have gotten to know me very well over the years. Like it was stated earlier bookstores just don't have the computer sections they used to have.
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    I got mine from amazon :)
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cgrimaldo wrote:
    ajs1976 wrote:

I agree. I have bought the last few hundred dollars worth of books from Amazon. Although, I love my safari subscription :)

I'm trying the safari trial membership now, but I don't think I can handle reading that much from the computer screen. I don't think i'm going to sign up for it.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • em80em80 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bookpool.com. when searching for hard to find book. Also their prices can't be beat.
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    cgrimaldo wrote:
    ajs1976 wrote:

I'm trying the safari trial membership now, but I don't think I can handle reading that much from the computer screen. I don't think i'm going to sign up for it.

Well, depending on the subscription you get, I have the unlimited, there are print-friendly books available. Some are not though. I personally prefer it because not only am I studying for certs but I think of it as an investment in my career. There are tons of materials in there that would benefit me in a lot of way. It does get old reading from the screen but, I'm used to it anyway.