Received a free voucher so...

matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
I decided to attempt the i-Net+ even though it is set to expire. After a few years of experience and one day of studying, I passed. It was fun compared to Microsoft exams! lol

Edit: I should mention that the voucher was set to expire at the end of this month. ;)
From Security+ book by Sybex:
"One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good work!

Just because the exam is retiring doesn't mean your cert is retiring. So, congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Good work!

Just because the exam is retiring doesn't mean your cert is retiring. So, congratulations :)

Exactly, congrats mate on the pass :)

-Ken
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I wish it was a bit earlier though... then I could get the CIW without sitting the exam.
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    I wish it was a bit earlier though... then I could get the CIW without sitting the exam.

congrats man...Taking an exam out of the blue and passing! how difficult was it?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    snadam wrote:
    matradley wrote:

congrats man...Taking an exam out of the blue and passing! how difficult was it?
    It was not that difficult. Especially since I am studying for Security+, a lot of information that I was studying was on the i-Net+. It was a nice refresher too from the Network+. All in all, I think it was more of a benefit to do even if it is set to expire. :D It really helped to refocus the mind on the objectives to be covered with the Security+. i-Net+ gets into encryption methods - hashing, symmetric, and asymmetric - that Security+ covers.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thats good news to hear, as we are both studying for Sec+. I might take a whirl at it myself then. Couldnt hurt!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security