So my boss wants me to take this....

drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I ask my boss the other day which certification he wants me to take next, and he comes back to me today and he tells me Server +. I was really hoping he was going to say security+, as that's what I was already studying for, but since the company is paying for it, and supplying CBTs, I can't complain.

I already have my Net+ and my A+, and I was wondering how far that will get me in this test.

Thanks

-Wes

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think Server+ is more difficult than A+ and Network+. It is probably up there with Securit+ as far as the difficulty level goes. I plan on going for this cert sometime after I finish my MCSE which should be soon. Be sure to check out the exam objectives also before you take it so you can get an idea of what is covered on the exam. Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    It is more difficult than A+ and Network+ but I wouldn't call it a difficult test. Hardest part is just finding the study material so be glad you already have the CBT stuff.

Having the cert won't get you much attention since not many people know about it and it's not heavily marketed.. I like servers so I thought it would be a good idea to have it. Kind of just took it on a lark.
  • drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I will be (in about a month) supporting servers, as it's being integrated into my job. So I guess it's a good thing :)
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll also see quite a bit of overlap from A+ and Network...if that material is fresh in your mind, Server+ isn't too tough. Like previously mentioned, there aren't many *good* resources out there for Server+, which is quite frustrating.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    unfortunatly, I haven't touched my Net+ since I received it back in 05. But I still have my notes :D
  • Bob KiwiBob Kiwi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Server+ is a real interesting combo of A+, Net+, and modern server solutions. All I had was a version 1 test book (the Bible) and I passed. With CBT, you'd probably do fine, especially if you have experience, or know a bit about server topics.