MCDST 70-271 and 272 Retiring Date

BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it too late to study for the 70-271 and 272 exam since Vista certification is on the way. For the past 3 months now, I have been studying for the 70-271 exam. I would like to complete my studying with ease and stressed free knowing that I still have time to study for both the 70-271 and 272. I know I still need more practice navigating through various components of the windows XP environments such as folder and file icons and their properties etc. I have books that will help me to do that. I just want to stay focus on the exam portion and once I get that down pack. I'll concentrate on more with my book windows XP step by step book and other books I have the can help me to learn all about the windows xp components.

Comments

• jerfitzjerfitz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Relax - I would bet you have another year or two before they change the present tests to reflect Vista stuff.

Jerry
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Microsoft hasn't annouced the retirement of the MCDST exams yet. Usually once microsoft announces an exam retirement they do so 1 year in advance. The Windows Vista exams are already out, the the MCDST equivalent for Windows Vista is the MCITP:Enterprise Support Technician. Windows XP will be around for quite awhile so you should have plenty of time to finish the exams even if you haven't started studying for them yet.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sthomas wrote:
    Microsoft hasn't annouced the retirement of the MCDST exams yet. Usually once microsoft announces an exam retirement they do so 1 year in advance. The Windows Vista exams are already out, the the MCDST equivalent for Windows Vista is the MCITP:Enterprise Support Technician. Windows XP will be around for quite awhile so you should have plenty of time to finish the exams even if you haven't started studying for them yet.

Thanks stthomas

I wil continue to study for my MCDST exams. I can relax know.