Options

Nailed 298: 973!

shamrocker98shamrocker98 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
I smacked this test to the ground. It was the easiest MS test I've taken, IMO. I was actually
surprised how simple some of the questions were...typically, MS throw in questions with one word
difference to test your expertise. Many of the questions on this exam had clear answers and the
rest required some close reading of all of the material. I had 5 testlets and 5-11 questions each.
Time was definitely an issue for me. Each testlet has a different time limit. I was surprised when I
walked out of the testing center after only 90 minutes! My questions focused heavily on RRAS, PKI,
and Active Directory structure.

To prepare, I studied MS Press and Syngress books, MS Technotes, Cramsession Study Guide, my underpowered
test lab, and the Readiness Review practice tests. I felt that the practice questions were much more
difficult than the real test. I ended up going through most or all of the practice questions until I
really understood the answers. Some of the material was not in my books (review of past tests, I
think). I didn't even need to use my Server 2003 lab that much.

I'm now officially an MCSE 2003! icon_cool.gif

Thanks again, everyone for the encouragement that ya'll spread around
and the good information. This particular Security forum was pretty quiet for the last
few months, but it didn't stop me from checking it constantly. Now, I plan on taking
a nice loooong break and read for pleasure (I've already picked up a few new books).
Maybe. just MAYBE I'll try the 299 sometime or work towards the CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, and even more so, the MCSE certification!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, man. Enjoy the break, and good luck on the CCNA path. You planning on doing the MCITP: Enterprise Admin upgrade, when it launches next spring?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    shamrocker98shamrocker98 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Very cool, man. Enjoy the break, and good luck on the CCNA path. You planning on doing the MCITP: Enterprise Admin upgrade, when it launches next spring?

I hadn't heard of that one, but I looked it up. Sounds interesting. These certs are addictive though. Just as you finish one, you're already thinking of the next! :) I was thinking that I would eventually upgrade my 2003 to 2008 when the time comes, but who knows.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats shamrocker98! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on your pass and new Credentials!!! icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    good job
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops