Options

do i need valid ccna ??

justinm001justinm001 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey peoples

ive started learning for ccsp. I should hopefully be doing the SND exam first in the next couple of weeks. Just wondering though do i need a valid ccna?? I was looking on the cisco site but im abit confused still ??

thanks heaps :)

justin

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you want to become CCNP certified you need a valid CCNA as a prerequisite, but to just go and take an exam you don't.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yup as Sprky mentioned afaik you can do the exams you just won't be recognized as a CCSP until you nail the CCNA. The CCSP will be much harder for you though if you don't at least have CCNA level networking knowledge.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    cool thanks for the info :) i had a ccna (and np) but they have since expired icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    oh yeah.. what order do you guys recommend taking the exams ?
    I think i read somewhere the pix one is the hardest or something ?
    is starting with the SND the right step ??

thanks ppls :)
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco recommend the SND first but most folks prefer to do it last, it's the least specific exam and has no official study guide so it can be hard to gauge when you are ready. But it's extremely easy if taken last. If you haven't studied any other security courses I do recommend reading through some of the recommended material for the SND before attempting the other exams, they'll give you a grounding in security theory that will help with the device specifics, it isn't essential though.
    As for which one is hardest that depends on experience. Since you had a CCNP the SNRS would be a good start since it's Switches/Routers, I found a lot of overlap between the PIX and VPN exams as both deal heavily with IPSec theory, the IPS pretty much stands on it's own.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?