Passed the SSCP

mivmannmivmann Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all.
Just noticed the congrats mail from ISC2 today (the mail has been hiding between all the spammail since thursday icon_wink.gif) I actually thought that I had failed the test as I couldn't give a rock solid answer in the first 7-8 questions and throughout the test I had feeling I was going to fail. As for study material I used the Wiley SSCP prep guide and the cccure.org for practice questions. I reviewed my notes from my security+ exam last year aswell.
Next up - CISSP icon_cool.gif

Comments

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with CISSP icon_wink.gif
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Nice pass! The SSCP is my next exam to take. Do you have any impressions of exam to share? How much more difficult than the Security+ would you say it is?
  • mivmannmivmann Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all - Well the 3 hour test time was enough for me to answer about 80% of the questions first time i went through the test booklet, go through the remaning 20% and review all my answers twice - so as for test time, I would say plenty.
    Comparing the Security+ and the SSCP i would say the Security+ is more focused on details like port numbers and cryptography algorithems where the SSCP is more focused on criterias when implementing cryptography standards and so on. Having the Security+ in the back of your head is quite a big help and as i have read in this forum, and I quote "SSCP is like Security+ on steroids" - i would say thats true.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    mivmann wrote:
    the Security+ is more focused on details like port numbers and cryptography algorithems where the SSCP is more focused on criterias when implementing cryptography standards and so on.
    This seems to fit with the material in the new Official (ISC)2 Guide to the SSCP CBK. Not so much gritty details like in Security+ and instead more policies, concepts, and industry practices and guidelines. But it sounds like a thorough review of the current Security+ material is necessary for preparing for the SSCP too.

Thanks!
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • fvafva Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the SSCP exam!