Options

I need a bit of info on A+ Certification

sgtdisturbed47sgtdisturbed47 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am interested in becoming A+ Certified. I can build Windows XP and Vista 32-bit computers from scratch, and can maintain them well. I can troubleshoot most problems, including hardware, software, and network. I have been heavily interested in computers for about 4 years now, and want to take my skills further and make a career out of it.

I need to know what I am getting in to before I start. How difficult is the A+ exam? How many parts are there and what is covered? Could you give me a couple of examples of what the A+ test will ask of me?

I am seriously interested in becoming certified, and it looks great on a resume.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I am interested in becoming A+ Certified. I can build Windows XP and Vista 32-bit computers from scratch, and can maintain them well. I can troubleshoot most problems, including hardware, software, and network. I have been heavily interested in computers for about 4 years now, and want to take my skills further and make a career out of it.

I need to know what I am getting in to before I start. How difficult is the A+ exam? How many parts are there and what is covered? Could you give me a couple of examples of what the A+ test will ask of me?

I am seriously interested in becoming certified, and it looks great on a resume.

First, welcome :)

Second, due to the NDS no one will be able to provide specifics of the exam, however you are more then able to download the objectives from CompTIA and review them. There are also FAQs on the CompTIA site that will likely address most of your questions.

You may also check out the stickies in the forums here and of course the TechNotes.

Good Luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    i was going to take this test, but i thought it retired.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    muyloco286 wrote:
    i was going to take this test, but i thought it retired.
    The 220-301 and the 220-302 have been retired. You have to take the 2006 objectives now.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    techgeek07techgeek07 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The test didn't retire, it just changed. Instead of the hardware and software exams, you'll now need to take 601(essentials) + one of the following: 602 (IT technician), 603 (remote technician), 604 (depot technician). 602 is the most comprehensive. The test is an entry level exam, some people find it hard (as there is alot of info to know) but, personally, I had no problem with it. It is expensive, but, it can help you get your foot in the door. Hope this helps, GL
    Please excuse any spelling errors, I speak well, but, write like a five year old
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you checked out the practice exams here?

http://www.techexams.net/coexams.shtml
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    thanks for the clarification, techgeek07. now, i'll be sure to study and knock these exams out in the near future.
    Usus magister est optimus