Corrupt iPOD

mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
I know nothing about these things...just tryin to fix it for a friend.

So it's a 30GB iPod with the color display...not sure what generation. Anyways everytime I plug in the iPod, iTunes says it's corrupt and needs to be restored. I restore it and nothing happens. Maybe I'm not waitin long enough after the restore...? I don't know how long it should take to restart, I never played with these things before. Next time I plug it in, it tells me it's corrupt and to restore. I been lookin thru google but found nothin to fix the problem, yet. I'm tryin a format now. I did try scannin for viruses but found nothing.

I'm not exactly sure what happened to cause it to be corrupt, but any suggestion would be helpful. I did get to the menu where you choose your language, but I'm not able to do anything...ie, can't scroll up or down and can't get to the next menu. If you need anymore info, just let me know...I'll keep searchin in the meantime.
Working on Linux+

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had a similar problem with mine and took it to my local Apple store and they reformatted it for me and it was fine after that, they said it had a bad block on it.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    did they charge you?

I tried to format last night but it failed.
    Working on Linux+
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No it was free, but they told me the microdrive was failing and 2 months later it did so I needed to buy a new one anyhow icon_evil.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Post the actual error message and also try googling for a quick solution. I'd highly suggest getting anything valuable off it, then format it and see if it happens again. They have hard drives just like computers, I assume, and are bound to fail on you.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I think the buttons are broke on it...I'm guessin they can be replaced...?
    Working on Linux+