Options

Curious: Why is this test called "The Beast?"

bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm just curious about why.

I'm currently working on CCNA. But after that I may persue MCSA 2003 or maybe skip that and just start on the new Windows Vista stuff -

Is this test really that hard compared to other exams?

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's a tough exam, but I didn't think it was a "beast". With proper studying and hands on, it's really not all that bad.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I think I've told this story before, but the name really is a spin-off of the Windows 2000 equivalent exam. That exam (70-216) got the name because of the extremely high failure rate and difficult (and sometimes impossible) wording of questions. Somewhere along the line, people entering the MS certification world on the 2003 track adopted the name for 70-291.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    keatron wrote:
    I think I've told this story before, but the name really is a spin-off of the Windows 2000 equivalent exam. That exam (70-216) got the name because of the extremely high failure rate and difficult (and sometimes impossible) wording of questions. Somewhere along the line, people entering the MS certification world on the 2003 track adopted the name for 70-291.

so essentially, 291 is "The Beast 2.0?" icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's a hard exam, it requires you have practiced several networking disciplines within an MS network environment. Also MS questions are very epic in design, that in itself requires practice to read through the questions.

Cheers,
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.