Certification issue

MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
Hi guys just clarification I passed ccna last 2006 june, passed BSCI last Nov 2006.
This year 2007 I took BCMSN the new exam and failed. My question is do I need to re-take the BSCI exam after passing it last year. I read some web site that no need and it will be credited.
Due to I am planning to re-take the BCMSN exam this coming August 2007.

your help would appreciated. t.y

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    taking and passing any professional level exam renews the lower cert to the pass date of the professional level exam.

example: i took ccna in jan 05 cert was valid to jan 08
    i took SND in dec 06, CCNA is valid until .......... Dec 09
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
    hi Keenon and hanks for the reply. Any idea or Web site related to the issue I posted earlier. I am just worried that after passing BSCI last year and failed BCMSN this year would affect the validity of my previous test like the BSCI. I am planning to take the BCMSN this coming Sept 2007 or maybe last week of August.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MACattack wrote:
    hi Keenon and hanks for the reply. Any idea or Web site related to the issue I posted earlier. I am just worried that after passing BSCI last year and failed BCMSN this year would affect the validity of my previous test like the BSCI. I am planning to take the BCMSN this coming Sept 2007 or maybe last week of August.

your fine. your bsci still stands even after not passing bcmsn.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
    Thanks, too bad it's almost late for m, it's very difficult if no reference are available. I am residing in different world I mean I am here in middle east and there is only limited books some are for CCNA stuff only.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MACattack wrote:
    Thanks, too bad it's almost late for m, it's very difficult if no reference are available. I am residing in different world I mean I am here in middle east and there is only limited books some are for CCNA stuff only.

If you have access to the Internet you have access to all the reference you need. Just go to www.cisco.com/univercd and you have it all, just use the exam blueprint as a guide for your studies. You could also get a safari account and use that to gain access to the books you need

Your BSCI score is good for 3 years from the date you passed it.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    MACattack wrote:
    Hi guys just clarification I passed ccna last 2006 june, passed BSCI last Nov 2006.
    This year 2007 I took BCMSN the new exam and failed. My question is do I need to re-take the BSCI exam after passing it last year. I read some web site that no need and it will be credited.

MACattack,

To check on your progress on a multi-exam certification such as the CCNP, check out the Cisco Certification Tracking System at http://www.certmanager.net/cisco . It will show you if you're being credited or not for your BSCI pass.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MACattack wrote:

MACattack,

To check on your progress on a multi-exam certification such as the CCNP, check out the Cisco Certification Tracking System at http://www.certmanager.net/cisco . It will show you if you're being credited or not for your BSCI pass.

The certmanager stills shows my ACRC as applying to the CCNP certification icon_exclaim.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
    Even the test Itooked and failed is not showing on the certmanager. Is there any issues when I take different test like the two exam CCNA and BSCI from thomson and BCMSN from Pearson Vue?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    From Cisco Certification Online Support
    Each time you register for an exam with Prometric or Pearson VUE, it is recommended that you use the same TEST ID number. In the event that you register for a Cisco exam under a different TEST ID number, this will create another record on our Cisco Career Certifications Tracking System.

To merge your records complete an online support case and provide the following information:

* Your duplicate CSCO numbers
    * Your current mailing address
    * The exam titles you have completed

Additional information may be requested by the support team.

Again, to avoid this from reoccurring, please provide Prometric or Pearson VUE with the same TEST ID/Cisco ID number each time you register for a Cisco exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!