Options

Re-taking exams?

peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

On my 'pass printout' it states:

"Cisco policy requires that you wait a minimum 180 days before re-taking an exam (with an identical exam number)."

Is this a definate, fixed time-scale or has anyone re-taken an exam within a few weeks if they've failed it?

I failed routing two and a half years ago, re-took it a month later and passed.

Having spent four months this time re-learning switching and needing to re-certify within five months I'd have been more than a little annoyed if I'd failed switching and then had to re-learn routing to get another exam in time to re-certify!

Regards
Peter

Comments

• Options
    srgsrg Member Posts: 140
    Some people in my class re-tok certs like 2-3weeks after they failed the first time, so it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you have to wait to take a test that you have failed i think its 7- 14 days. if you had passed the test you have to wait the 180 days to retake the same test this would be the case if your score wasn't high enough to meet the requirements for the cisco instructor cert
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 180 day wait is only when you pass the exam, it soul be 5 days between attempts if you've failed.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yeah dtlokee is correct it's 5 working days starting from the day after you sit the exam to do a re-sit on a failed Cisco exam, except CCIE.

All this is on the Cisco website somewhere in the certification section I'm sure!
  • Options
    Hi,

thanks for the info...

I did a search on Cisco site last night (not that it ever does much good, bloody awefull lay-out!) and the only information available is for the CCIE which states five days to re-sit a failed test.

Why would anyone want to re-take within six months an exam that they've passed?

Once every three years is too often from my POV.

Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As an instructor I am required to pass the exams at a higher score than the standard one. If I pass (but do not meet the requirements for instructor level) I would need to retake it again even though I passed it.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Hi,

yes, I understand now.

Thanks
    Peter