PASSED 842!!!

livenliven Posts: 918Member
Well I am taking the exam on the 21st...

I have done at least a thousand probably two thousand practice questions.....

Read the tech notes, transcender, exam cram, sybex book, and a boot camp...

But I still just don't feel like I am prepared... Yet I have no idea how to get any more prepared icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif !!!

SO i am just going to suffer through the test and pray I get it on the first try.
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

  • drthtaterdrthtater Senior Member Grand Junction, COPosts: 120Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll do great. Good luck.


    Infact, no good luck. You won't NEED luck. You will do THAT awesome. icon_cool.gif
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Posts: 291Member
    If you've mastered the material that you've read, you're ready.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Posts: 968Member
    Good luck on your exam, let us know how you get on :)

    -ken
  • livenliven Posts: 918Member
    I really appriciate the confidence.

    the funny thing is some of this stuff I have mastered years ago. For instance I use ssh with keys for work everyday. Every website I bring up I use SSL. Shoot I even use SSL when connecting to a mysql data base in my perl code.

    I work in the security industry for a living.

    But some of this stuff... Like DAC, RBAC and MAC is never mentioned in my daily work. Oh well, I guess this is just the way it goes.

    I will certainly post how I do when I get done with the test on Sat. If I do well its going to be a great weekend. If I don't then I will down...

    Anyway thanks again everyone for the confidence.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • matradleymatradley Posts: 549Member
    liven wrote:
    I really appriciate the confidence.

    the funny thing is some of this stuff I have mastered years ago. For instance I use ssh with keys for work everyday. Every website I bring up I use SSL. Shoot I even use SSL when connecting to a mysql data base in my perl code.

    I work in the security industry for a living.

    But some of this stuff... Like DAC, RBAC and MAC is never mentioned in my daily work. Oh well, I guess this is just the way it goes.

    I will certainly post how I do when I get done with the test on Sat. If I do well its going to be a great weekend. If I don't then I will down...

    Anyway thanks again everyone for the confidence.
    RBAC, DAC, and MAC are a pretty quick concept to refreshen yourself on. Just look over the Technotes and then another quick look before the exam. I am sure you will do fine. I am deciding, myself, if I am ready to take the exam on the 25th.

    Anyways, best wishes! :D

    Edit: If you want some more questions to do, have a look here - http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/exams/ . The answers seem to be correct and you might pick out some extra bits of information.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • livenliven Posts: 918Member
    matradley wrote:
    liven wrote:
    I really appriciate the confidence.

    the funny thing is some of this stuff I have mastered years ago. For instance I use ssh with keys for work everyday. Every website I bring up I use SSL. Shoot I even use SSL when connecting to a mysql data base in my perl code.

    I work in the security industry for a living.

    But some of this stuff... Like DAC, RBAC and MAC is never mentioned in my daily work. Oh well, I guess this is just the way it goes.

    I will certainly post how I do when I get done with the test on Sat. If I do well its going to be a great weekend. If I don't then I will down...

    Anyway thanks again everyone for the confidence.
    RBAC, DAC, and MAC are a pretty quick concept to refreshen yourself on. Just look over the Technotes and then another quick look before the exam. I am sure you will do fine. I am deciding, myself, if I am ready to take the exam on the 25th.

    Anyways, best wishes! :D

    Edit: If you want some more questions to do, have a look here - http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/exams/ . The answers seem to be correct and you might pick out some extra bits of information.

    Hey thanks for the link.

    I know what your saying about the concepts I mentioned. It is just a frustration for me. For instance the CCNA exam is pretty cut and dried. The stuff on that exam comes up everytime I touch a router or switch. But the security plus stuff is so darn broad. Anyway I am just complaining/venting.

    THanks again for that link. I will definately check it out.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • livenliven Posts: 918Member
    WOO HOO

    I passed

    842!!!

    Over all most of the question were really easy, but I would say at least 15 of the questions I had to double or triple check...

    The exam took me about 30 minutes....

    Used:

    sybex
    syngress
    exam cram
    transender
    1 week boot camp course
    this web site, and all the free tests I could find...

    If I could offer any advice... Study your tail off... I have 6 MCPs, and my A+, 8 years of professional experience, and 20 years of a personal love for technology... this is a tuff exam but at least i am done with it.


    My wife wants an emotion:

    icon_lol.gif
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • matradleymatradley Posts: 549Member
    Congratulations - you earned it! I hope my exam goes as well as yours. Thanks for the tips.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292Admin Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    matradley wrote:
    Edit: If you want some more questions to do, have a look here - http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/exams/ . The answers seem to be correct and you might pick out some extra bits of information.
    Some of those are written by yours truly, so I can recommend them ;)
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Posts: 968Member
    Congrats mate :)

    -Ken
  • snadamsnadam ■■■■□□□□□□ Posts: 2,234Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    matradley wrote:
    Edit: If you want some more questions to do, have a look here - http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/exams/ . The answers seem to be correct and you might pick out some extra bits of information.
    Some of those are written by yours truly, so I can recommend them ;)



    well thank you for pointing me to that site, looks extremely helpful!!! icon_thumright.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

    :study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Posts: 291Member
    Congratulations!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • justus1justus1 ■■□□□□□□□□ Posts: 85Member ■■□□□□□□□□
  • drthtaterdrthtater Senior Member Grand Junction, COPosts: 120Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    i TOLD you so icon_lol.gif

    good job :D
  • eleguaelegua Posts: 282Member
Sign In or Register to comment.