Options

Defrag Software

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Hi guys, has anyone heard of O&O Defrag, i have just upgraded to version 10 after having a nightmare with the previous version and cant seem to connect to any other server. After countless emails to their Tech Support guy and downloading at least 5 zip files that they said would correct the issue they are now saying its my firewall thats to blame and i should open port 50300!!!! How can i open this port on ISA 2004? To be honest why is O&O Defrag having to go through the firewall in the first place? Sounds like a cop out to me. Anyway, if anyone knows how to open this particular port at least i can put this one to bed. I cant find any documentation about opening ports on ISA 2004.

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Use Diskeeper, which in my opinion, is the best defrager out there. You can set it and forget about it, so it will defrag your data automatically. It doesn't take up much memory to run.

I think you have to purchase it, though I got Executive Diskeeper free through my last company.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    I prefer PerfectDisk, it's a little bit cheaper too :D
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    wanboy67 wrote:
    I prefer PerfectDisk, it's a little bit cheaper too :D
    Ditto icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I switched from PerfectDisk to DiskKeeper just to try it when my yearly subscription ran out. I'm finding that I'm far less loyal to tools and utilities that have an annual renewal fee. I seem to be switching anti-virus scanners once a year too on computers that I don't use the free A/V scanners. (I love NOD32, but Blink Personal looked just to sexy not to try.)

Anyway, I like PerfectDisk, but DiskKeeper had some features that I wanted to play with. I notice that none of these defraggers have options like consolidate free disk space and clear free disk space like Norton's Defrag first included back in the 1980's. I found those both good features for improving the security of disk partitions.

Oh, I should mention that I've used IObit's SmartDefrag with very good results. It's freeware, the GUI has some usability issues, but the defragging works well. You may need to run it several times on very fragmented partitions.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ^
    http://tinyurl.com/3apz5t

This shows off some good tools. I've used CCleaner for a long time.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680