What best compliments an MCSE?

cashewcashew Member Posts: 122 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I just achieved MCSE today after 13 months of prep and working with AD at my job on a daily basis. Besides a degree, what is the path most MCSE's take after they get an MCSE? I would like to get a cisco one down, but have no experience working with those although the ccent looks tempting. What would you guys recommend?

Comments

• taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    cashew wrote:
    So I just achieved MCSE today after 13 months of prep and working with AD at my job on a daily basis. Besides a degree, what is the path most MCSE's take after they get an MCSE? I would like to get a cisco one down, but have no experience working with those although the ccent looks tempting. What would you guys recommend?

CCNA, no doubt, then CCNP

maybe then CISSP.
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What are you interested in and what else do you work with?

For me it was Citrix for work and Linux because I had a class and decided to use it to prep for the exam.

I'm also interested in Cisco and Security+. I may be looking into the CCENT after I complete 70-292 because of a project at work.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • tampabayboytampabayboy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recommend taking the Security+ exam followed by CISSP. Employers are looking for administrator / engineers with strong IT security backgrounds. CCNA is nice to have if you are a strong network guy who works strictly on routers and hardware all the time but it seems that you are more of a Systems Administrator.

-TBB