Options

Vista exams doubt

namanama Member Posts: 187
I'm already a MCDST and I was thinking of upgrading it, since microsoft recently announced.
But there are 4 Vista exams, mainly: 70-620 ,70-621 ,70-622, and 70-623

I'm not too sure which one is easiest to start with, please advise. icon_redface.gif
By the way, I do not have any Vista experience. icon_redface.gif

Comments

• Options
    tomtechtomtech Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The path I'm taking is 70-270, 70-620, and 70-621. 270 and 620 will satisfy reqs for MCSA/MCSE, and 621 will upgrade your MCDST. Then you take the rest of the MCSA/MCSE exams.

I'd advise you get a copy of vista to play around with. Install it on another computer or use vmware/virtual pc.
  • Options
    Then for my case if I choose to take the exam for 70-622 or 70-623 before taking the rest, will there be any difficulties?
  • Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    tomtech wrote:
    The path I'm taking is 70-270, 70-620, and 70-621. 270 and 620 will satisfy reqs for MCSA/MCSE, and 621 will upgrade your MCDST. Then you take the rest of the MCSA/MCSE exams.

I'd advise you get a copy of vista to play around with. Install it on another computer or use vmware/virtual pc.

I found none of the books recently released include a trial copy of VISTA.... not even the MS book.....

icon_evil.gif
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    if your already MCDST for XP you should just take the 621 upgrade to vista exam and u will get the new certification title as Enterprise IT Support Tech or something.. plus i think the 40% discount offer is still going on for those who hold MCDST on xp already for the 621 exam..

win2k4
  • Options
    win2k4 wrote:
    if your already MCDST for XP you should just take the 621 upgrade to vista exam and u will get the new certification title as Enterprise IT Support Tech or something.. plus i think the 40% discount offer is still going on for those who hold MCDST on xp already for the 621 exam..

win2k4
    is the offer world wide and when is the last day of the offer? icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    those who are current MCDST's on here the upgrade exam 40% off code to 621 is: DCAUPG (it will only work for current MCDST's through prometric or vue) expires September 30th, 2007. More info can be found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/06/10/vista-exams-mcdst-upgrade-offer-code.aspx