How many people are certified??

Is there anywhere to go to see how many people in the world are CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCIE, MCSE certified and so forth? I am kind of curious.

Thanks,

Steven

Comments

• viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well from what I have heard there are only 1,000 CCIE's in the world. That's all I know.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    If i recall there are 800,000 mcse's..
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    viper75 wrote:
    Well from what I have heard there are only 1,000 CCIE's in the world. That's all I know.

there are more than a 1000, probably 10,000; but that, compared to the rest, is still like a drop in the ocean water. I know many people who have the cert's mentioned by halflife excluding CCIE. Many of them are actually on this very site (Congratulations icon_lol.gif).
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Microsoft numbers can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • kicker22kicker22 Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    that was interesting about CCIE in other rich countries.. where I might move myself to a place where they have low number of ccie's.

but I wish we can find out how many CCNPs..
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    why stay in the middle.......str8 to the top!! now who's with me!
    and I quote
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I have been considering focusing more on storage as a specialization, since my company is implementing a new SAN and I am learning a lot about them. Then I saw that there were only 99 Storage CCIEs in the world and I'm thinking those folks must be making some serious money. I know voice is hot right now, but do you really think we are going to stop storing data anytime soon?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Claymoore wrote:
    Then I saw that there were only 99 Storage CCIEs in the world and I'm thinking those folks must be making some serious money. I know voice is hot right now, but do you really think we are going to stop storing data anytime soon?
    I don't think Google will stop needing storage anytime soon. ;) And I bet more than a few of those 99 Storage CCIEs are working for Google or Yahoo!.

And here's the offical counts for (ISC)2 certs, but this list hasn't been updated since April 2007.
  • LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    page like this for CompTIA?

good stuff
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Lamini wrote:
    page like this for CompTIA?
    I've never found an updated list on www.comptia.org. The latest reported figures are over 900,000 CompTIA cert holders total with 700,000 of them being the A+ cert, 180,000 for Network+, and 32,000 for Security+.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bumped 2004 topic. >_<
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • mary jmary j Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    According to this website: numberof.net

there are 700,000 CCNA as of Oct. 2005 Number of CCNA in the World | Number Of | How Many

and 20,864 CCIE as of Feb. 2010 Number of CCIE in the World | Number Of | How Many