Taking the core tomorrow

icarusicarus Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
So im taking the core tomorrow....Im pretty nervous because I have to have the cert like now.

Any pointers?

icarus

Comments

• kjmccoykjmccoy Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you studied don't sweat it. It's not all that hard. Just relax and you'll be fine.

Good Luck.
  • icarusicarus Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im just curious if they are gonna ask me a bunch of stuff on older processors, such as bus width/speed and such like that. Im really not that great with older processors.icon_cry.gif

icarus
  • kjmccoykjmccoy Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didnt see anything like that, however the test has a randomization engine and I hear there are a few thousand questions that can be thrown at you so no test is really ever the same, so it's best to be thorough.
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I am not sure what is contained in the New A+, but i bet you can hop on over to comptia and they will tell you everything they expect you to know

http://www.comptia.com/certification/A/2003_aplus_core_hardware_objectives.pdf

On second thought.. They are pretty basic in what they expect you to know regarding processors. It's been ahwhile since i took my test, but if i recall i didnt get asked too many questions regarding processors. But like he said, it is a random generator.. (oh wait, my test was the old style one that only asks like 20-25 questions, and based on how you answered them is how you scored..) Needless to say, i did absolutely nothing to help you!!! sorry.. ncool.gif
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • ChromeWavesChromeWaves Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on your exam- I'm scheduled to take it on march 5th, friday, but something is telling me to reschedule it for sooner, maybe this coming friday, the 27th, instead. by the way, how old're some of you guys that use this forum? 29 here