Passed After 2 Attempts

Flawless_TechniqueFlawless_Technique Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I am a new member :)

Must say to me this exam is one of the more difficult exam i have done in my journey to MCSA .The amount of infomation one has to process is much more than the adverage exam .But with serious studying and use of Practice Exams you can pass it.My major problem was trying to incorporate work,my daughter and studying but i did it and it was worth it.

I was kinda glad to see other persons having probs with this exam lol .I had begun to wonder if it was just me .Remember it is only a BEAST if you want it to be .So get out there and kill the myth like i did!!

Flawless_Technique
MCSE here i come !!!!

Comments

• Yisrael48Yisrael48 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :D Great you have passed and for letting us know. my only remark is and thats the
    power of these kind of forums. Let us know for how long you did study. How many
    questions where the exam. What was the focus of the exam. What study material did you
    use?? Things your fellow test-takers really appreciate. But besides that great to hear and let us know what your next module is?????!!!!!!
    It's the thought that counts
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • Flawless_TechniqueFlawless_Technique Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well it is so hard to say how long i studied since i i had to retake the exam 3 times.But on my 3rd retake i took time off from work and did about 3 days of concentrated study.I did alot of studying in the area of Name Resolution.There are so many practice questions which focus on DNS that it can become discouraging sometimes.So in my opinion ,for this exam you must master all aspects of Name resolution there is just no getting around it.The simulations i got were all simulations that i had seen already in Practice exams. There was were 4 sims in the total of 46 questions .

{Too much info on sims removed by Moderator}

Hope this helps you .I scored 740 in the exam.Thought i would have done better but its a pass!!!

Does anyone know how the scoring of Sims is done?If you make any mistakes such as typos etc ,how does that effect your score?

Flawless_Technique
    MCSE here i come !!!!
  • nickmak86nickmak86 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man... Welcome to the club!
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    congrats and proving it's worth not giving up

I don't think anyone here can accuartly answer how sims are scored since only ms and prometric/vue would have the inside info
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good job not giving up!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    Thanks Guys!! Great forum you have going here btw...Keep it up!!
    MCSE here i come !!!!
  • eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Congrats!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
    I noticed that some of my previous post was deleted by the moderator due to the content about sims.Can someone send me a link or info about the rules of this forum, so that i would be more aware of the do's and don'ts for future reference. Thanks.
    MCSE here i come !!!!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I noticed that some of my previous post was deleted by the moderator due to the content about sims.Can someone send me a link or info about the rules of this forum, so that i would be more aware of the do's and don'ts for future reference. Thanks.

Sure - here is one place it was recently discussed:

icon_arrow.gifhttp://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24977

Additionally, it's not even just what "our" rules are, but more like we want to keep everything in line with the NDA you agreed to when you took the exam. Keeps the site clean and makes us all focus on learning the tecnology to pass the exams, rather than the exam questions themselves.

Anyway, congrats on your pass and welcome to the site. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Thanks!!!!!!
    MCSE here i come !!!!
  • Rthomas1Rthomas1 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I missed the 291 twice while at bootcamp....both times by 1 Sim. I had never worked with SUS or WSUS so any questions (etc.) relating to this truly bit me in the butt. I am hoping to take this once again next month.

Congrats to all who have passed this test. This is the last test I need in order to have my MCSE and without it I cannot have my MCSE. I did not want to leave bootcamp without 7 tests so I went ahead and took the 350 (ISA). That really wasn't too bad.

Good luck to anyone left having to take (as you call it) "The Beast". It really was a beast.

:^D