Want to win $15000? VMWare Video Contest

WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
Yes we can, yes we can...

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Someone in VMWare's marketing departments is really grasping for straws on this contest. I wish they'd just have another contest for the cleverest use of VMWare technology in product development, deployment, or use. I guess having marketing material created by actual customers makes it seem more legit.

I'll make my movie using a cell phone or webcam and a Fresnel lens to make it seem as if I'm trapped inside of VMWare itself. I'll capture the excitement and buzz around virtualization from a running process' point of view. icon_cool.gif
  • WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    I'll take it a video of Mac OS X running within VMWare on a Windows Vista PC would be out of the question? icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Install VMWare on a computer, install VMWare on the Virtual Computer running in VMWare, and so on until you've maxed out your memory. A sandbox within a sandbox!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll send a video of MS Virtual Server and Windows 2008. Guaranteed win!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Seriously though, I bet the winning entry will be based on a computer gaming theme. That's pretty much where the best "buzz and excitement" in VM technology is today. I think the boys at Blizzard will win this content.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Install VMWare on a computer, install VMWare on the Virtual Computer running in VMWare, and so on until you've maxed out your memory. A sandbox within a sandbox!

...or run Microsoft VirtualPC within VMware. ;)

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680