I need MZMAKER.EXE

357357 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone!

Could you please share your MZMAKER.EXE file to me?

Your help is very much appreciate.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards

Comments

• wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    MZMaker is not available anywhere on the internet that I could ever find. I searched for the software about 6 months ago and couldn't find anything. I just did a quick round on the search engines and most are still the same results. You might try a P2P software or a torrent search but most likely those will turn up empty as well.

Is the IOS image you are trying to compress have a "z" in the filename? If so that also means the IOS image has been compressed already.

P.S. Cross posting the same message in multiple forums is frowned upon.
  • 357357 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi!

"Is the IOS image you are trying to compress have a "z" in the filename? If so that also means the IOS image has been compressed already. " This one: c3640-ik9o3s-mz.124-12.bin.

Is it compressed?

Thank you for reply.
  • wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    Yes it is compressed. The "mz" portion of the filename denotes that it runs from RAM and that the image is compressed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c6c63.html

Image Naming Conventions

You can identify the platform, features, and image location by the name of the image. The naming convention is platform-features-type for images that are stored on a UNIX system

The platform variable indicates which platforms can use this image. Examples of platform variables include rsp (Cisco 7000 series with RSP7000 and Cisco 7500 series), c1600 (Cisco 1600 series), and c1005 (Cisco 1005).

The features variable identifies the feature sets supported by the image.

The type field can contain the following characters:

•f—The image runs from Flash memory.

•m—The image runs from RAM.

•r—The image runs from ROM.

•l—The image is relocatable.

•z—The image is zip compressed.

•x—The image is mzip compressed.
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi,

the "mz" is only a denotation - the actual compressed file is the .bin.
    its unix - file extension doesnt matter.
    just use gunzip to deflate it.

HTH.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.