Took the exam on 25 July and Passed!

matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
As some of you may have noticed, I have been working hard trying to gather up enough information to write this exam. I have been studying hard and asking questions whenever I was curious about something. At any rate, my Security+ exam is scheduled for 25 July - and I hope I pass! lol

Anyways, I used the following to prepare:

Books:
- Sybex; and
- Michael Meyer's Certification Passport.

Exam Guides:
- Technotes;
- CramSession; and
- MC MCSE Security+ guide.

Practice Exams:
- Transcender;
- Techexams;
- Quiz;
- Passport;
EDIT - Sybex Test Engine; and
- MC MCSE Security+ questions.

I hope I have everything I need to pass this one! Any tips?
From Security+ book by Sybex:
"One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    best of luck to you matradley!!!

I have everything in your inventory except for one less book and one less practice exam. I hope that its sufficient enough!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    snadam wrote:

I have everything in your inventory except for one less book and one less practice exam. I hope that its sufficient enough!!!
    Which book do you have? I find the practice exams to be interesting to complete providing they are from credible sources. I just did a bunch of Sybex Exam questions and found some new tidbits regarding "Out of Bound Transmittal" - keys through unencrypted channel. I am sure I missed that concept. :D lol Anyways, thanks and I hope to pass. :D
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Good luck!
    Looks like you have a nice variety of resources.
    You'll ace it.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
    matradley wrote:
    snadam wrote:

Which book do you have? I find the practice exams to be interesting to complete providing they are from credible sources. I just did a bunch of Sybex Exam questions and found some new tidbits regarding "Out of Bound Transmittal" - keys through unencrypted channel. I am sure I missed that concept. :D lol Anyways, thanks and I hope to pass. :D

I have the sybex book. Just did a few more chapters yesterday, and feel confident im retaining the knowledge. I know im understanding the subjects when I start thinking about the subjects when im not even studying (ie walking around and all of a sudden, im thinking SSL). I would like to compliment the book with another one (exam cram maybe). However, with all the free info out there like the technotes, I think I can pull it off with just one book. I havent used the test engine with the sybex book yet, but my baseline transcender exams are relatively high.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

snadam wrote:
    matradley wrote:
    snadam wrote:

I have the sybex book. Just did a few more chapters yesterday, and feel confident im retaining the knowledge. I know im understanding the subjects when I start thinking about the subjects when im not even studying (ie walking around and all of a sudden, im thinking SSL). I would like to compliment the book with another one (exam cram maybe). However, with all the free info out there like the technotes, I think I can pull it off with just one book. I havent used the test engine with the sybex book yet, but my baseline transcender exams are relatively high.
    I like the "Passport" book. It helps solidify what you learned in Sybex. The Sybex practice exams are pretty good - they cover different topics than Transcender. I only saw one mistake, they asked how many disks you would need with a Full backup on Saturday and incrementals until Wednesday morning - the backups are performed at night. You need 4 disks, and even in the answer note they mentioned "4" but the answer you need to put to get a point is "5"! lol
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck on the exam!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Good Luck Guys!!! icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best fo luck :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Good luck mate, let us know how you get on :)

-Ken
    Well, after waiting for the exam room to be moved around, I got 825! :D Thanks everyone for your help and support! :D
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • bodaciousbodacious Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    Well, after waiting for the exam room to be moved around, I got 825! :D Thanks everyone for your help and support! :D

Congrats!!! How did your study material relate towards the exam?

you've compelled me to finally sign up for the exam. Now its crunch time for me!!! :D

again, congrats!!!

snadam wrote:
    matradley wrote:

Congrats!!! How did your study material relate towards the exam?

you've compelled me to finally sign up for the exam. Now its crunch time for me!!! :D

again, congrats!!!
    It related pretty well to the exam. Of course, there's always something on the exam you can never prepare too much for. However, I must admit, I did see some Linux/Unix related questions on the exam. ;)

Anyways, best of luck with your studies. :D
    matradley wrote:
    However, I must admit, I did see some Linux/Unix related questions on the exam. ;)

uh-oh... icon_redface.gif

Its okay, because Whatever Linux/Unix stuff Ive been reading, I have been taking some pretty fair notes on. I might skim over the linux+ study material to get a better concept.

thank you for your words of encouragement.

BTW whats next on the list? the beast?

snadam wrote:
    matradley wrote:
    However, I must admit, I did see some Linux/Unix related questions on the exam. ;)

uh-oh... icon_redface.gif

Its okay, because Whatever Linux/Unix stuff Ive been reading, I have been taking some pretty fair notes on. I might skim over the linux+ study material to get a better concept.

thank you for your words of encouragement.

BTW whats next on the list? the beast?

The next one on my list is the 70-290. :D
  • wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GREAT Job!!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!