Taking Exam on 30th

WingedTekWingedTek Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well Im taking the dive on the 30th for my Sec +. I know their are hunreds of posts about what to expect on the test but I want to know what to REALLY focus on. I read both Sybex books (the deluxe version and fast pass), use preplogic and sybex's test engine and also some misc material from acouple websites. I want to focus my studies now more on whats harder on the test. Thanks for the help in advance!

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Good luck on your exam, let us know how you get on :)

-ken
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Best of luck on your exam. :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • WingedTekWingedTek Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ugh getting nervous.

Did any one get alot of bit lengths of different algorithms?
  • Anand Prabhu S KAnand Prabhu S K Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All The Best.
    Anand Prabhu S K
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WingedTek wrote:
    ugh getting nervous.

I have been on my practice tests, but I have no clue if its on the real thing.

BTW, best of luck. I got this bad boy in 9 days
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    WingedTek wrote:
    Well Im taking the dive on the 30th for my Sec +. I know their are hunreds of posts about what to expect on the test but I want to know what to REALLY focus on. I read both Sybex books (the deluxe version and fast pass), use preplogic and sybex's test engine and also some misc material from acouple websites. I want to focus my studies now more on whats harder on the test. Thanks for the help in advance!

I got more than 10 questions about Access Control (MAC-DAC-RBAC), be prepare for that, also know the X.509 standards, PKI and Disaster Recovery and wireless security, my advice is, read every book you can get and you'll be fine.

Hope this help. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Goodluck!

I got mine today. I just know it wasnt in depth as I thought it would be. icon_wink.gif
    <b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
    WIP: Network+
    Next: CCNA
    WingedTek wrote:
    ugh getting nervous.

Na. I was expecting it tho. It never showed :D

Are there different versions of tests?

ksimpson wrote:
    Goodluck!

I got mine today. I just know it wasnt in depth as I thought it would be. icon_wink.gif

Ah congrats!!! Well ill be leaving soon for it. What did you see most show up?
    ksimpson wrote:
    WingedTek wrote:
    ugh getting nervous.

Na. I was expecting it tho. It never showed :D

Are there different versions of tests?
    There is a large pool of questions. So, you could have a room filled full of people writing the exam and, perhaps, a few would see similar questions.

Congratulations! :D
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    WingedTek wrote:
    ksimpson wrote:
    Goodluck!

Ah congrats!!! Well ill be leaving soon for it. What did you see most show up?

I know you're still not in the test. How you do????

ksimpson wrote:

yes acquiring minds would like to know!!! icon_wink.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

snadam wrote:
    ksimpson wrote:

Actually I failed icon_redface.gif (first time I failed an exam). I only needed 5 more points to pass!

Its wierd because the actual test seemed very easy an I seemed to study way to indepth with some subjects so maybe this is why I failed. I know what i got wrong so Im taking it again next Monday.

It really pisses me off!
  • justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No worries, I am sure you will get it next time. I failed the first attempt at Security+ but passed with flying colors the second time around after getting a feel for the questions. Good luck!
    WingedTek wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    ksimpson wrote:

Actually I failed icon_redface.gif (first time I failed an exam). I only needed 5 more points to pass!

Its wierd because the actual test seemed very easy an I seemed to study way to indepth with some subjects so maybe this is why I failed. I know what i got wrong so Im taking it again next Monday.

It really pisses me off!
    Just keep practicing! I know you will do it! :D
    WingedTek wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    ksimpson wrote:

It really pisses me off!

You know, i thought the same thing. It didnt go as deep as i thought i would. It was very basic.

I was trying to study all the indepth stuff.

Anyways, Goodluck Monday. you can do it!! :D

Just to let you guys know I passed it this morning with a 792. Even though I got more harder questions than the first test, I guess I read up on alot of things I missed the first time. I think I took a lot more time through it though icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for all the help guys! icon_lol.gif
    WingedTek wrote:
    Just to let you guys know I passed it this morning with a 792. Even though I got more harder questions than the first test, I guess I read up on alot of things I missed the first time. I think I took a lot more time through it though icon_rolleyes.gif

Congratulations! You earned it! :D What is next on your agenda?
  • SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm slated to take mine tomorrow morning, 7 Aug 07. I was doing a lot of stressing out this morning, trying to see if I could remember bit lengths of the different crypto types but reading this thread has eased my mind a bit. Hopefully my test will be as basic as you all have previously mentioned. But Murphy's Law now dictates that the test questions I have tomorrow will be just shy of CCNA level. icon_twisted.gif
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    way to go.
    I'm also taking it next week, on the 14th.
    according to the instructor i had, the test is pretty much generic, as they want to have a pretty high pass rate...it's just a basic security test, after all.
    tests like the CISSP are much more advanced, and therefore it's better for them to have a higher failure rate, as they're specific designed for security experts: anyone who has it needs to have a solid understanding of really in-depth concepts.
    someday, hopefully i'll get to that point. lol.
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
    WingedTek wrote:

congrats. Not to sound cliche, but a pass is a pass icon_cool.gif
    SrAtechie wrote:
    Congrats on the pass! I'm slated to take mine tomorrow morning, 7 Aug 07. I was doing a lot of stressing out this morning, trying to see if I could remember bit lengths of the different crypto types but reading this thread has eased my mind a bit. Hopefully my test will be as basic as you all have previously mentioned. But Murphy's Law now dictates that the test questions I have tomorrow will be just shy of CCNA level. icon_twisted.gif

Lets just say I literally know exactly how you feel icon_pale.gif . I hope we both have some good news to share tomorrow...

snadam wrote:
    WingedTek wrote:

congrats. Not to sound cliche, but a pass is a pass icon_cool.gif
    SrAtechie wrote:

Lets just say I literally know exactly how you feel icon_pale.gif . I hope we both have some good news to share tomorrow...
    Best of luck you two! :D I know you will do well.
    mastercorm wrote:
    way to go.
    I'm also taking it next week, on the 14th.
    according to the instructor i had, the test is pretty much generic, as they want to have a pretty high pass rate...it's just a basic security test, after all.
    tests like the CISSP are much more advanced, and therefore it's better for them to have a higher failure rate, as they're specific designed for security experts: anyone who has it needs to have a solid understanding of really in-depth concepts.
    someday, hopefully i'll get to that point. lol.

Its very generic in terms on knowing the baseline of different security ethics but over all it had a balance of pretty hard thinking questions and some questions you have to roll your eyes at. Do not take this test lightly as many might make it since again the wording on this test is kind of out there. It most likely doesn't come close to as hard as the CISSP is but hopefully now my knowledge from this course I can better under stand cisco security.
    BTW goodluck you guys!
    WingedTek wrote:

icon_cheers.gif Congrats!! We knew you could do it!!!!!!!

icon_thumright.gif