Symantec Backup Exec 11d

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Appologies but i am new to SQL and in the installation i want to use an existing SQL Server instance to store the database. How do you create an instance on a SQL 2000 Server?

Comments

• billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    ooops i mean database
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe that if you already have the SQL server in place, when you run setup for BE 11d and select to use an existing SQL instance the dataabase will automatically be created for you.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    How easy is it once Backup Exec is installed to configure the backups?
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's pretty straight forward. You have to remember to install the Remote Agent on every remote server that you need to back up before you can set up a job for them. It's all in the administrator's guide.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...