Security+ Passed

bodaciousbodacious Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just took the security+ exam this morning and passed with an 825. The test is very well rounded and has many trick questions (by that I mean more than one answer seems correct.) My best advice is to study the material thoroughly and take plenty of practice tests. I know a guy that bought a test **** for $80 and advised everyone to do the same. After he took his exam, he found that none of the questions from the test **** were on the actual exam. He still managed to pass though, but he spent $80 on something he thought was going to have him pass with flying colors. A waste of money in my opinion. If you're looking for practice exams, use this site and other free practice test that are online. You can even buy practice tests on ebay for about $5. Don't be fooled by the test **** sites, they do not guarantee a pass. I studied the AIO Security+, Exam Cram book, this techexams.net notes, and various free online practice tests. For anyone taking the test soon, good luck!
I would just like to add that this site is great and that the folks here on these forums are awesome.

Thanks for the advice and posts left on the security+ forums. I found this site to be a great place as a resource and good advice.

Comments

• matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! You once again confirmed that "**** are for chumps"! - snadam
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    Congratulations! You once again confirmed that "**** are for chumps"! - snadam

DAMN STRAIGHT!!! icon_lol.gif

congrats on your pass, and for doing it the RIGHT way.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Right on :) Congrats on the pass.

-Ken
  • GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    Congrats on the pass.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy