Unable to connect Access Denied

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

A client on my network is trying to print to a networked printer, she gets the following message

Unable to connect Access denied

If i log in as me it works fine, that tells me it is a permission issue specific to that user

On the security tab of printer properties i added the user to it with full control but to no avail

Any ideas

Thanks

Lee H

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you check the share permissions?
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    Maybe delete the printer and set it up again.
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    a closer look on the server i can now see an extra printer icon for 2 printers and they have my client name at the end of its name followed by "in session 1"

this may be simple as server is not my strong point

Lee H
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That extra printer icon if from your remote desktop session. By default the remote desktop connection software will "redirect" the printers you have installed on your PC to the remote desktop session.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is it access denied mapping/connecting to the printer, or access denied when actually submitting a print job?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Is this a Group Policy setting that is possibly overriding the local policy?
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Thanks for the response guys

As far as i know it has always worked fine, i did ask the person with the problem just now if she changed her password on the day it stopped working and she did

I dont understand how that would make a difference but it does seem to be a permission issue

There is a group policy but it does no include printers, they are installed from the server by navigating to the share and double clicking it to install it on each client

Sorry if i am being vague but i dont know any other way to explain it

Any more ideas would be great

Thanks

Lee H