Anyone know Timeframe of CCNA exam changing?

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
I want to do CCNA but don't want to waste my time if it's going to change, I have all the current CCNA press books and was wondering how much time I have before they change it...

Anybody?

D-boy

Comments

• NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You have untill November 6th to take 801. After that your only option is 802.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    D-boy wrote:
    I want to do CCNA but don't want to waste my time if it's going to change, I have all the current CCNA press books and was wondering how much time I have before they change it...

Anybody?

D-boy

D-boy,

Which books do you currently have?
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can use the current Cisco press 640-801 books. You are just going to have to find another source for the added material. So I would compare the blue print for each test to know exactly what is being added. Then you can begin to find another source for that added material. Another option is to buy the new books.

I wouldn't necesarily call it a complete change, but rather an addition. All of the core material that is in the old books 640-801 is still relevant.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    D-boy wrote:

Anybody?

D-boy

D-boy,

CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, 2nd Edition (Exams 640-801, 640-811, 640-821)

and

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edition (640-801)
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Netstudent wrote:
    You can use the current Cisco press 640-801 books. You are just going to have to find another source for the added material. So I would compare the blue print for each test to know exactly what is being added. Then you can begin to find another source for that added material. Another option is to buy the new books.

I wouldn't necesarily call it a complete change, but rather an addition. All of the core material that is in the old books 640-801 is still relevant.

Thanks for the advice! icon_wink.gif
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    D-boy wrote:
    D-boy wrote:

Anybody?

D-boy

D-boy,

CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, 2nd Edition (Exams 640-801, 640-811, 640-821)

and

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edition (640-801)

D-boy,

I used the following books for the Cisco 640-801 CCNA exam:
    1. CCNA Self-Study: CCNA Preparation Library (640-801), 6th Edition - http://www.ciscopress.com/title/1587051842
    2. CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (Exam #640-801), 2nd Edition - http://www.ciscopress.com/title/1587201690

Questions:
    1. Is this your first Cisco certification that you are trying to achieve?
    2. What equipment do you have?