Client email problem

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
At work we are running Exchange 2003 and all our clients are using Outlook.

A client has an email address, lets say bob@company.co.co and he has asked if i could set him up with another email address, lets say bob@hiscompany.ac.ac so that any emails comming in to his default address bob@company.co.co is automatically forwarded to his other email address? Can this be done? if so where? on exchange or in his account. I have tried to add another email for him bob@hiscompany.ac.ac but in Outlook it defers back to his default address.

Comments

• KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've seen this done, but I'm not much of an exchange expert. I believe it has to be done at the server.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Set "bob@hiscompany.ac.ac " as his primary email address.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why not setup a client side rule in his Outlook to forward all mail sent to him to his secondary address?
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Set up a contact in AD for Bob's bob@hiscompany.ac.ac email address. In Bob's AD user account properties, go to exchange general, delivery options, and forward bob's email to the contact you created.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would create a custom recipient address. Then have those emails forwarded to his other account.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    blargoe wrote:
    Set up a contact in AD for Bob's bob@hiscompany.ac.ac email address. In Bob's AD user account properties, go to exchange general, delivery options, and forward bob's email to the contact you created.

I've used this method with success for multiple users
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry - I'm on Exchange 5.5. icon_sad.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.